Monday, July 8, 2013

Made it by the skin of my teeth.

Got about a third of the background of the Love Grows rug completed this week.  Hope to get at least that much done this coming week, also.  The lovely background color is "Dawn's Early Light" by Jeanne Benjamin.  I think it is perfect for this organic looking pattern.



Lisanne Miller had this gorgeous hook for sale at Caraway, and I just couldn't resist.  It is silverplate, not silver, but that is okay with me.  I still think it is just lovely.  And it is great for pulling up size 8 and above loops.


Barely got Block 4 of Words to Live By finished tonight.  I really like the look of the stitching on the bird wings of this one.  Plan to get the next set prepped tomorrow.  And perhaps while I am prepping I will prep a Primitive Garden block........


Macy and Jackson helped me to pick out these yarns yesterday when we went to Michael's.  I explained to them that I would be making caps and scarves for needy children in Appalachia.  They thought these cheery colors would be perfect.  I tried to convince Jackson that the boys might like the camo green looking yarn, but he was deadset on the primary colors.  So, making a start on this project as my charity project for the month is also on my list for this week.


Last night  I pulled out two UFO quilt tops and their already pieced backings, pressed them and got them ready for the quilter.  I just need to cut some batting.  Hope to pass them off sometime this week, too.

After all of the rain the past few days, we welcomed a break in the showers to pick the garden this afternoon.  Looks like I will also have a busy week preserving veggies.  We got butter peas, pink eye peas, zipper peas, rattlesnake beans, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, okra, cucumbers and peppers today.

Bobbie and Snowflake are both broody.  I kept Bobbie in the broody cage for a couple of days to no avail, so then I swapped out and put Snowflake in.  Let everyone out to free range in the garden this afternoon while we were working, looked around, and they were both back on their nests.  Grrrrrrr.
I think Snowflake will be easier to break, so she went back into the broody pen.  Ronnie is really angry when they are broody, and if they come off the nest, he chases them all around the pen, pecking at them.  It is hysterical.

Enough for now.

GRATITUDES:
The opportunity and ability to use my talents to help others.
Bright, cheery yarn.
The garden's abundance.....and being able to share that.

Take care,
Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment