Thursday, March 11, 2021

Still the Same

Still no photos of most of what I am doing, but here are a couple of things that I can share.

The Small Frost wide cut Oriental is finished except for blocking and binding. That makes about seven in the waiting queue for fully finishing.
Not my favorite rug, but I did learn from it.

Next up is Spring pin tuck. 

The pattern was a freebie from Anniebeez Folkart. Mystery 36 ct linen with some DMCs that were close at hand, one over two.

 Camellias from our yard. The bush is my favorite. Can’t remember the name, but I love the color, and it blooms prolifically each year. 

Sara Ashley finally got to wear the dress she bought for Senior Prom to her sorority formal. I, of course, think that she looks beautiful. 


Spending some special time with this sweet girl for a few days while her parents and brother have gone to a baseball tournament.


Blake and I are three weeks out from our Covid Vaccine, as is my sister, who resides in an assisted living facility. Got to visit her for the first time in a year last weekend. It was good. 


Take Care,
Jennie




10 comments:

  1. Ooooo....I really like that Small Frost! And so very much work!!! Why is it not a favorite of yours? I love that photo of your granddaughter on the drive!!! Everything about the photo and her is beautiful! LOL about the puppy meme.... My Snowdog cannot sleep with me at home since I sleep in a room at the top of circular stair...but at the lake? Oh, yes... he and 2 cats. Now I know why they invented king-size beds LOL. ~Robin~ (PS...those Camellias are GORGEOUS! They don't grow here...obviously...and I am not sure I have ever seen one. I did not, at firt, think it was real!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful rug! and what lovely girls!
    We have had spring like weather here which has given all of us the itch to get outside. But cold weather is on the way for the weekend
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anniebeez!!! I haven't heard or read her name in years, not since I was a dollmaker. Will have to google her. Both gals are beautiful, must run in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Annie Beez....I watch her floss tubes and I think we would be friends.:) Of course I think that about all my VLOG and BLOG friends. We are fully immunized as of today. Such a freedom. Of course, we had not been as stringent as some about visiting etc but now we feel free to travel. Yippee!! Love the pictures of your beautiful grands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The spring bunny is adorable. I get my first vaccine on Monday. My husband is a week already ahead of me, so I am grateful that soon we will have that done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Small Frost oriental rug looks great. I'd never guess it was done in wide cuts. How lucky to have Camellias blooming in your garden. My yard is still covered in snow but it's melting fast with the warm sunny weather.

    Your granddaughters are beautiful.

    I've had pet but never let them sleep in bed with me as I'm a light sleeper and need my own space. lol...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara Ashely is a cutie! So glad you were able to visit with her. Love you pinkeep as I so love bunnies! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, if you really don't like the rug I'm sure it could easily find a new home...lol!
    Great pics of the grands and Sara Ashley looks so happy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't believe I've ever seen camellias! They are beautiful. Do they have a fragrance. Sweet pintuck, too.
    Beautiful granddaughters. They look like fun-loving girls.
    Your last photo, with the dog and quote: that was my Hannah, exactly. Thankfully she was willing to move over when I came back to bed and she kept my spot warm while I was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww... such a cute pinkeep, Jennie! I printed off that chart when Annie first released it, but have yet to stitch it. Love the way you finished yours. And your rug looks beautiful to me :) So nice to have your granddaughters nearby. Such pretty girls... Enjoy these longer days--I'm sure spring is lovely in your area right about now!

    Today marks three weeks since my second dose, too... We're on the plane to California to visit my baby grandson very soon--can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete