Monday, February 15, 2021

A Few Things

I just can’t seem to get it all together. I have several finishes or finished except for the fully finishing, but I can’t even seem to get them photographed to blog. So I am just going to go ahead with what I have.

First of all, Burnham 64, my scroll rug, is a finish as far as hooking.

Now into the blocking and binding stack.

Next up for finishing is the Small Frost primitive oriental.


I finally finished cross stitching this little Bird in Hand chart by Blackbird Designs.

I love this piece, but didn’t enjoy the stitching. The problem was the linen. I pulled it from the scrap bin and it honestly felt rubbery when handling it. Also, the coverage was terrible with one thread , so I had to use two over two. It took me two skeins of Weeks Merlot!
Yesterday I fully finished it into a simple pin tuck and am totally happy with it. 

It will be the first of a collection of red and white pin tucks for my dining room. 

Thinking of all of you who are enduring bad weather. We have had a moderate winter and the first of our daffodils are blooming. Think I will go pick a handful ♥️


Take Care,
Jennie

10 comments:

  1. Daffodils blooming? I am so jealous. Daffs are a favorite.
    Last night's supposed storm did not drop the 4" they said we might get. We got maybe an inch or so. Hopefully they will be wrong again tonight when they are talking many more than 4". Overall, though, our winter has been quite mild, so I can't complain...too much ;-)
    Your hooking is so pretty...and I am so envious that you actually "finish" your cross stitch pieces. I guess I just like the journey and don't care much about the destination...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well our daffodils are under the snow and more to come tonight. Your pieces are lovely you have been very productive
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that stack of to be bound rugs all too well. Love the first rug but for some reason I just can't get enthusiastic about cross stitch or Oriental rugs. But hey, to each his own and what floats our boats. I you're happy, I'm happy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finishes! Wish I had some time to cross stitch some pinkeeps. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, slacker that I am, I am glad that you did not spring all your finishes (or nearly finished) on us all at once....I am not sure I could handle it LOL. You really are a hooking machine.... Your scroll rug turned on positively gorgeous....and pray, do tell what is "small" about your Small Frost piece you're currently hooking??? Looks like you have made some incredible progress on it already. It's going to be another beautiful work of art. I love your little tuck as well....I have always been a fan of redwork and I bet your display will be drool worthy. I would not be "disciplined" enough to keep that purity of theme going.... You must be related to Lauren....she is fretting over displaying tucks of different thread counts together. I'm kind of an "all over the place" kind of girl....a bit of organized chaos LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scroll rug is gorgeous! I love the detail you can get with rug hooking.
    I know the fabric makes a difference when making a quilt but I guess I assumed the fabric one uses for cross stitch was pretty much all the same. Guess not! I'm so glad the unfriend linen didn't deter you from loving your beautiful Bird in Hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is lovely and I like love your scroll rug. I like details when hooking and I prefer hooking with narrow strips for that reason. Your cross stitch Bird in the Hand is beautiful. So worth the effort.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty stitches and projects!! Yes, I have found that all cross stitch fabric is not created equal. Some you love to work on and some is a trial. I am writing down all the fabrics that I have enjoyed stitching on so I can reorder them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your little red and white pin pillow, Jennie! Looking forward to seeing your collection grow.Yes, there are some linens that just drive me crazy--but, I'm glad you persevered and finished it. Amazing that it took so much floss!

    Glad you have had a mild winter--ours hasn't been horrible here in western PA either. Snow covered, but no crazy snowfalls or minus 0 temperatures, thankfully. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed your post Jennie.Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete