Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Organizing and Reorganizing

I find myself reorganizing what I‘be recently organized far too often lately. I finally came to several realizations...
1. I have too much stuff
2. I keep accumulating stuff faster than I can use it
3. As long as I can keep it reasonably tidy I still feel in control...sort of
4. I just have to learn to live with it, because I love my stuff and half the fun is acquiring it. 

I had organized all of my wool worms into a gazillion big bags by color. I hated those bags. So I dumped all of my worms Willy nilly into not one, but two big cotton baskets. 


I need to make about a million scrappy rugs. At least. This is my current one....

Prudence by W. Cushing.

I love it. I could probably hook a room sized one and not tire of it. But I won’t. I have another scrappy pattern in the queue.

I added this cute little cart to my workspace. Everything I need to hook fits right in it.  Thank you Amazon.


This Brenda Gervais piece, Gardener Goode Witch, was probably my oldest xstitch WIP. If I recall correctly, I probably got it from Country Sampler in the early 90s.

It is stitched with the called for overdyed cottons on 32 ct Weeks, maybe Straw or Parchment. It is stitched using the instructed one over two. I am not thrilled with the coverage, but decided I was too far along to redo it. It’s too large for a pin tuck and I’m not sure how I will FFO it, but at least the stitching is done. In fact, it was done back in January and I just got around to taking a pic of it. 

Buddy is worn out after his trip to the groomer’s.


Jackson’s baseball team won the Cal Ripken Tournament in Pigeon Forge. They played teams from all over the US and were undefeated.






Looks like mom and dad were pretty happy, too.

Ain’t it the truth.....


Take Care,
Jennie


11 comments:

  1. Just love the finishing comment.
    but I still see others that are older, so that's a bonus.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find I have too much stuff today and I am afraid as soon as I get rid of something I will wish I had it:) I have a ton of scrap fabric that I should probably go through and rid myself of. The colors in that rug are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Prudence rug is looking fan-tas-tic! My worm bags get mixed up over and over again too. Finally purchased a Jumbo Ziploc bag which has a mesh vent at the top to let them breathe and put all the mixed up in there. Sometimes it is more convenient to rummage thru a loose big bag with many different colors than searching thru numerous smaller stuffed bags. Still have those small bags but as they get mixed will put them in the larger tote instead of separating them again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on the struggle bus with you re craft supplies and cross stitch patterns. I am trying to stitch from stash. I have eyed those little carts....may have to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of wool worms and such nice colors. Your rug looks fantastic and the colors are so rich. It doesn't look scrappy at all. I love that cool handy cart. Everything right handy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the wood chest you have on top of a bigger chest. What do you store in all those little drawers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Girl! How I can relate to your points of realization! I watch all the others around me purging and coffin cleaning (clearing out stuff so when one is in their coffin the ones left behind don't have to deal with all the "stuff"), but I just can't get there LOL. I do admit, though, that there is much that I "could" purge as it really doesn't fit in the "fun" category (think closets, etc.) and that does give me guilt pangs (sometimes). But, yes, I have enough patterns, projects and supplies to keep me busy for several lifetimes (and then some) and yet I can't "stop." Priscilla is absolutely stunning! Those rich jewel tones are just incredible. And I love your little gardening witch. I don't recall seeing that pattern before and I am (and have been for longer than I can remember) a huge fan of Brenda's designs (and all things witchy of course!) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I had my worms in an antique basket in the living room where I hook...until puppy Tundra decided he wanted to eat them. Now I had to move that and all of my wool pieces in the bedroom. Love your latest rug. So different but nice! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate to numbers 1, 2, and 4. Reasonably tidy...not so much.
    What a great rug to use some worms. Much more fun than mine, but like with mine, it probably won't make a dent in the worms.
    Your worm baskets did not look that big in the first picture of them, but next to your cutter they are an impressive size...lol.
    Buddy looks pretty worn out. It's hard to be that cute.
    CONGRATS to Jackson and his teammates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful family picture and what an accomplishment for his team! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your realizations about your stuff, Jennie. I think many of us can identify with you. Your worms look great in those two baskets. How big are the baskets, anyway? It's hard to tell.
    What a great cart, especially with the holders on the sides. I have a similar one from Ikea but can't hang things as you have them on your cart.
    I chuckled at your quote at the end of your post. It's a sad thing that I'm starting to feel my age. I try to remember my mom and grandmother at the age I am now, wondering how they ever managed.

    ReplyDelete