Sunday, November 3, 2019

Dogwood Hook In

Better late than never...our Happy Hookers group hosted the Dogwood ATHA Hook In on 10/26 with a Fall theme. 
These were the place settings...

The centerpieces.....

And a couple of the vendors. 



I showed great restraint with the great vendors and only bought a loop lifter.

The rug show was amazing this time, but I only had a chance to take a couple of photos.















These final two were my favorites....



This is what I am hooking now. Bought this from Cushing as a kit, started it at Caraway while waiting on the teacher, and didn’t touch it again.
I think that it is so sweet and would like to get it finished and made into a pillow before Christmas.

I have been doing a little slow stitching on a new sampler....using this nice variegated red by Victorian Motto Shoppe instead of black or navy on 36ct Lambswool linen. Pattern is Elizabeth A. Wenden, 1864. I love the simplicity and naiviety of it. I suppose it was stitched by a young girl during the Civil War, when fabric and threads were hard to come by. 

I am teaching myself to cross stitch “in hand” rather than using a hoop or frame. It is supposed to be much faster...maybe that will come later...and it is nice not to have to move the hoop around and have it distort the stitches. Tension is a challenge, but I did a little small, which I will show when it is fully finished, and I think that I am getting there. I am linking up with
Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching. Be sure to stop by and see what everyone else is up to. 

Have a great rest of the weekend!!

Take Care,
Jennie 

2 comments:

  1. You're the second person I've heard talk about cross stitching out of hand instead of the hoop! Must be a newish thing! I think I've done both ways, mostly because I despise working with a hoop. LOL! The hooking project is fun -- I've been thinking I might like to give that a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't those rugs amazing! I'm not a very flat cross stitcher so have to use a hoop!

    ReplyDelete