Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Goodbye January

Yes, you are going in just a few hours. So hard to believe!!!

I am happy with myself because I accomplished the goals chosen at the beginning of the month. Trust me, goal setting is a slippery slope for me, so I am as pleased as punch.

The little charity quilt, which was my UFO Goal for the month over at
Patchwork Times  was bound and finished early in the month.

 

I vowed to knit up all of that dish & washcloth yarn by the end of the month. Twenty three wash/dishcloths later, I am done!!
 
And this is all that is left...
 
Note that those are tiny amounts...see the one inch squares on the cutting mat.

Then there was Cozy Christmas, which started the month as 4 finished blocks and some components. I have to tell you that I was down to the wire on this one. The borders went on this evening...LOL.
 
I still need to make the backing before it can head off to be quilted for next Christmas. I am linking up with 
One Monthly Goal with this one.

My last goal was to get all of the Lucy Boston blocks finished. I guess you could say that I sort of finished this one. I needed only two more blocks, and here they are...
 
But when I auditioned all of my blocks together, it was pretty evident that one of them was just too bright for the rest....
 
So, tonight I am working on a replacement.

I have tried several new recipes this month as I have been doing some purging of recipe books and the mounds of recipes that I tear out of magazines. Honestly, sometimes when I go back through them I wonder what on earth I was thinking! Out of the three that I tried this week, this Sourdough bread was the only keeper....and it was excellent!
 
Recipe can be found 
here.

Those who follow my blog know that my DSIL has a form of brain cancer known as glioblastoma. He has been in remission for several months while being treated with a clinical trial drug. Unfortunately his last MRI showed a suspicious area and he will be undergoing a biopsy soon. Prayers appreciated. You can read about their cancer journey at their Caring Bridge.
 
The good news is that Rob feels great. Here he is getting ready to make a Lularoe delivery for Christi.

Miss Mattie had another busy day. This seems to be her normal activity every night.
 
Hard life, huh?

 
Take Care,
Jennie 

5 comments:

  1. You have been very busy this month, Jennie. Congratulations on all the great finishes. I just adore your Lucy Boston blocks (and especially the one you think is too bright). Offering prayers for your son-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun quilt top! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I retired, I had plans for trying all kinds of recipes. Didn't happen. I admire people who really enjoy cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dish cloths are fabulous! My Grammy used to have knitted and crocheted dish cloths like that. Congratulations on all of your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers and hugs for Rob and family!!!

    ReplyDelete