Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy Hookers Night

Tonight was the first Happy Hookers night of the NY. We were a smaller group of seven, but still had plenty of fun. One of the things we enjoyed was talking about organization...of our crafts and in general. Trust me, we had lots of laughs.

Not everyone was hooking, but we all had fun projects.  Forgive the quality of the photos, as the lighting was challenging.

 
Laura was putting the border elongated hexies on a stunning Lucy Boston POCs block.

 
Mary was knitting fingerless mittens. I am in love with the black ones with the sassy cuffs.

 Jan was actually hooking!! She calls this her albino deer. I personally think it is going to be gorgeous when she gets the background in. It is a gift for her hubby.

 Vicky made this very cool penny rug while on a trip to visit her dad. I really like the scalloped border.


She is also hooking this sweet kitty design adapted from a punchneedle pattern. She plans to mount it on an artist's canvas. 

 
Beth continues to make progress on these happy coneflowers.

 
And Kathie has finished the top of her drop dead wonderful Lucy Boston POCs quilt top. She has really neat plans for an embroidered backing.

I worked on what I hope to be my next to last Lucy Boston block. I had hoped to get these blocks finished before the NY, but knit dish and face cloths along with Netflix/Amazon Prime binging got in my way. Sometimes I am just weak...LOL.  The funny thing is that I am so not a tv watcher.

 
My man and I in a NY's Eve selfie. I had to promise not to post this on FB, but he doesn't read my blog.

This year I am resuming my listing of Gratitudes at the end of my posts...it really helps me to acknowledge them in writing.

Gratitudes:
  • Comfortable friendships
  • Warm slippers
  • A devotional shared by a friend that really touches my soul. 
And for a laugh....
Take Care,
Jennie 

3 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful projects you and your friends are working on, Jennie. What a great photo of you and your husband. I think it's funny he didn't want you to post it on Facebook but didn't say anything about not posting it in your blog. About gratitudes -- I thought I was the only one who listed gratitudes. I don't post publicly but for a number of years I noted them in my journal entries. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Lucy Boston block quilt is wonderful as are the hooking projects. The penny rug piece with scalloped edge is nice too and lately have seen a number of antique ones with the scallop edge. That and knitting are two smallish projects a type A personality like me could take to work on while just sitting. Sigh....one day I'll remove that hook from my hand and venture elsewhere.

    You and hubby look cute. Your skin is as smooth as a baby's butt, very well cared for and bet not the sun worshiper that I was in my youth. Wish I knew then when I realize now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful projects!
    I like your laugh but when I read to my sweetie changed fabric to wool :)
    I always enjoy your gratitudes. Makes be stop and count my blessings.
    Sweet picture of you and hubby.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete