Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th.........

Fortunately, I am not superstitious. My family is travelling today. DD#1 and her family just called to say that they have arrived safely in Colorado for their winter ski vacation. DD#2 and her family will be leaving in a couple of hours for Disneyworld. I trust that they will be blessed with safe journeys.

The little doggies went yesterday for their haircuts. They always return exhausted, but looking and smelling ever so much better!!Looks like their Dad is pretty worn out, too...............



Finally finished putting the borders on my 2007 SS Sampler. Now it needs a backing and to be quilted. I got a new book this week: Foolproof Machine Quilting by Mary Mashuta. It has lots of techniques and ideas for quilting with your walking foot that are template free. That is pretty appealing to me. I have a smaller quilt I want to try it on, then maybe on to something larger, like this one. I have a Pfaff Grand Quilter machine in a cabinet and think that it would work well with these techniques. I haven't had a chance to use it much, as I bought it just prior to the Big Move. DH bought me a really nice Horn cabinet for it for Christmas, so I am ready to get started.


I am trying really hard to keep up with my quilting BOMs. Only three, sounds easy, huh? Maybe, if I didn't have so many irons in the fire. At any rate, I am done with Hatched & Patched #1 and Bunnyhill #1. This is my start for Primitive Garden (which I love). I only lack part of the buttonhole stitching on it. I had to wait to get some Steam a Seam 2 Lite in the mail before I could get it fused. It is wool on cotton, and that particular fusible works really well with it. Sorry, I should've cropped that photo, but, oh well............. I got notice that the second blocks of Hatched & Patched and Primitive Garden have shipped, so I had better get busy. I also have a baby afghan to crochet for DD#2's little boy, who is due in June. And a rug class with Jeanne Benjamin in Athens the end of February. And all of the UFOs and PIGs!!!!
FOCUS!!!!
My sister and niece are coming up for the w/e and we are going to Scott's Antique Market in Atlanta tomorrow. Should be a fun day of plunking around.......even if it does rain!
Have a great w/e.............

No comments:

Post a Comment