Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Some End of 2020 Crossstitch

Yes, I do know that we are over a month into 2021, but this just happens to be what I have to share today. 

2020 was my first year back into cross stitch since the late 80s early 90s. My first couple of tries made me wonder if perhaps I had lost the skills necessary for this craft which I had once adored. I had certainly lost the ability to see those high counts of linen. But I was determined, and I think I have made good progress. I ended the year with THIRTY FIVE finishes!!!! Now all but six of these were smalls, but hey, I‘ll take it. Six were Samplers, on the small to medium side. 

Below are some of my end of the year finishes.....

Esther Cannon by Heartstring Samplers.

Julia Fooks by GiGiR.

Three Christmas smalls by Pineberry Lane that still need FFOing.

All eight of St Nicholas Prairie Schooler Santas waiting to be FFOed using Vonna’s ornament tag instructions. 

And back from Total Framing, Mary Oakley by Pineberry Lane.

And Martha Scott by GiGiR.

Martha may just be my favorite stitch for 2020. I adore that wee house. 

I am well into my plan for 2021 and will post that when I do a little pressing and take photos. 

I discovered this wonderful mix recently. Quick, easy and yummy. Won’t even tell you how much butter is in this small loaf cake🤣🤣🤣


Mattie is leading a difficult winter life.

Summer finds her outside and on guard, but she passes on the cooler weather.




Take Care,
Jennie






14 comments:

  1. Holy hell woman! Thirty five finishes? Even if some are small, that is amazing, especially considering there was also quilting and hooking. You chose the perfect frames for the samplers. WOW!
    That Meyer mix sounds pretty good. I will have to see if it's just a southern thing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well of course my favorite picture of the entire blog post is Mattie. OMG too dang adorable! Does she ever forget where she is after a snooze and roll off? My next favorite is the Martha Scott even tho I'm not a cross stitcher ~ I'd say you accomplished a LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got back into cross stitching, Jennie--and what a successful year you had in 2020! I love your finishes and the framed pieces from Total Framing are amazing. I really need to figure out how to send some of my things to them for framing. My son lives down near one of their shops so maybe he could even pick them up for me and save me some money :) Not sure how a 32 year old will feel about picking up cross stitch, but I bet he'd do it! Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find X stitch takes up so much time and I'm busy sewing. Yours look wonderful.
    There are a couple I never got finished, maybe I should look them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use to have a calendar of Auntie Acid jokes for each day of the year. Love those! Great finishes. Wish I had time for cross stitch. Love yours! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your stitching parade. I too took a long break from cross stitching after my kids were keeping me so busy. When I retired from teaching a few years ago, I knew I wanted to get back into it. I couldn't believe how many things had changed. I have enjoyed it immensely. I saw you have a blog so I hopped over. I took some things to be framed today. Good grief it is expensive these days. I have to spread it out.
    Your doggy is precious enjoying the stool. I don't blame him. I hate cold weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, what Lauren said. Seriously???! 35 finishes??? AND some pretty substantial hooking and quilting projects to boot?? I am such a loser. I truly love each and every one of your stitcheries....but, yup, those last two really steal the show. Looks like you got back in the stitching saddle like you had never left it. We have Krusteaz mixes here too and, you're right, they are quite good. I usually don't use mixes, but I have made these and it's tough to distinguish them from hand-done. Hope the groundhog behaved in your part of the world. ;-) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow I am impressed!!! I plan to get back into it also this year. I haven't stitched since the 80's working on organizing myself but I will tell you I will not get 35 done. I bet that cake has a pound of butter but it sounds so good.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back to cross stitch! :-) 35 finishes in a year is awesome! Love the Martha Scott sampler! Our cat Berwyn is having a tough time with winter as well...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is an amazing amount of cross stitching. All beautiful pieces. You certainly haven't lost your touch for the craft after all these years. I bet 2021 will be another productive year for you.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of butter, that's why it's so tasty!

    35 finishes is a lot, even if most were small. It took me about a year to finish the Statue of Liberty and it wasn't all that large.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It doesn't look to me like you lost any of your cross stitch skills. I love the Martha Scott cross stitch. It's hard to imagine a 9-year-old stitching this, especially one of today's 9-year-olds! You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the beautiful stitches!! And we use the Krusteez products all the time. They are so good and taste like they were made from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have done some beautiful cross work! Looking forward to 2021 finishes! Hugs

    ReplyDelete