Monday, September 14, 2020

Mary Brown...Sort Of

Failed to post my Mary Brown block on the 30th...maybe because I feel a bit iffy about it. You see, the block I chose for this month was a very complicated star block. I had really thought I would take it on as is and hand piece it. The more I looked at it, the more my eyes crossed and I finally knew it wasn’t happening. So, I made this simple star block with a bit of applique and it will just have to do.

I think that it looks okay with last month’s block.


I have been hooking up a storm. Finished the Acorn and Leaves runner as posted last time, but now I have even bound it!

Why does this always happen when you try to take a rug or quilt photo??


Made some progress on Spring, which I keep calling Summer.

As well as the Indian Corn...

The Zoom classes with Lisanne have really kept me busy and accountable in the hooking arena.

We celebrated Rob’s birthday at the Farm on August 27th.....He would have been 49. 







Sara Ashley went through Rush at Clemson - virtually. Strange, huh?? She is now an ADPi pledge and will be a sister to her mom, aunt and step grandmother!! It was her first choice and she is thrilled.


We also had a celebration for her birthday (early) and her finally being able to go away to school......
Cake by me is multi white layers (7)) with chocolate frosting.

Here she is in her dorm room at Clemson.  And the great tiger painting is by her!!

This is Macy and friend Sophi at the first high school football game as varsity cheerleaders.


Cowboy Candy has been preserved.

Isn’t it pretty? Almost hate to open and eat it.


Take Care,
Jennie


5 comments:

  1. Oh so much to comment about...the Spring/Summer is looking great and that Indian Corn is OUT of this world gorgeous!!!! It looks real! What cut did you use?
    Still sad about Rob. My first husband Gary died of renal cell carcinoma at the age of 45 in May 1981. Way too young to leave. Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post!
    Your hooking is lovely...happy birthday in heaven to Rob...congrats to Sara Ashley...and that tiger painting is amazing...Maci and friend are too cute...LOVE your saying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your replacement star. I think I know which star you were working on. I made a different star for that block too. Such wonderful celebrations. My granddaughter was suppose to start at MSU but they decided to stay closed. She is doing her courses online. Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking you meant the feathered star type block. My block was a sort of failure and I have meant to replace it with something else. Just haven't taken time to decide what that something else is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a beautiful on the replacement block on MB. when I get there I must remember your block!
    Very nice pictures and so sorry for your loss! You have a wonderful family support system. That is great! Great for the young lady who is going to Clemson and that beautiful Tiger picture! Lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete