Thursday, June 11, 2020

Late Maynia Update

My plans for participating in Maynia on Instagram fell somewhat by the wayside. Not to say I didn’t get anything done, just not what I had planned. 

Let’s start with my successes....

This is Live Simply, a Berry design by Erica Michaels for the Berry Club at @dyeingtostitch. 

Now I just need to stitch it up and I will have my second xstitch Berry to begin my collection.

Next, Down in the Valley by Blackbird Designs. This will be a sweet pincushion on a candleholder.

This one and the next two are off to @carolinastitcher for her beautiful finishing.

Witches Garden by Pineberry Lane for the @dyeingtostitch Quaint Ladies Club. 

Have asked that this one be finished as a flat fold. Think that it will be so cute displayed that way for Halloween.

Collector by Brenda Gervais @withthyneedleandthread. I changed the words to Mountain Mist because the cream didn’t show up well on my linen. 

This one will be a Pinkeep. I sent some antique Mother of Pearl buttons for Faye to add. 

The beautiful BBD sampler I had started and was close to finishing became a heartbreaking lesson when I snipped a hole in it removing a one thread off mistake. I really wanted to cry. I won’t even show you how close I was to finishing.

I have started back working on this wonderful GiGi R sampler, Martha Scott. 

Not a great pic, but you get the idea. 

Mostly I have continued to work in our veggie garden and flower gardens. We had a terrible hill on our property that had become dangerous for us to mow. With the help of our dear neighbors who came and plowed the hill for us, it became a wildflower garden. It is glorious...different every day. We will simply mow once in the fall, it will reseed and be beautiful again next year. We are thrilled.





Yes, these are beautiful flowers, too, don’t you think?










Jackson’s baseball team, Force, had their initial tournament last weekend and placed first.


We celebrated Ashley’s birthday.

 And Jackson’s...

As well as Robert’s.





Take Care,
Jennie

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Jennie! You have accomplished so much!!! I must say I am jealous. You probably sneaked some quilting and hooking in there, too, that you have not shared.
    So sorry about the BBD sampler disaster. That had to be just heartbreaking.
    Your hillside is beautiful and it sounds like almost no maintenance except for mowing in the fall.
    Beautiful family pictures as always!!!
    Your furbabies are so lucky to call you mom!!!
    Take good care, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, look at you. So many projects and you're getting them done. Such beautiful wild flowers, and of course a lovely family. Sad to say, Dolly crossed the rainbow bridge last Thursday. Am slowly trying to figure out the new normal and finding it impossible at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally envious of that gorgeous wildflower hill ~ good for you and thanks to your neighbor. And yes, those young bigger flowers are beautiful too. Love that pin keep and your friend will appreciate it dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some lovely pieces done in Maynia. Can the linen be re-woven on the BBD sampler? I know I've seen instructions for Hardanger "oh sh**" repairs, I don't know if same can be done for cross stitch. Maybe it depends on if it will be covered by stitching afterward?

    Your wildflower meadow is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful cross stitch! Lovely ladies enjoying the flowers and the birthdays! Great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cross stitch is so amazing. I admire people who have the patience to do it.
    Your hill of wild flowers is so beautiful. It is breathtaking to see that sea of colors. And yes, the girls are beautiful flowers, too, as are your daughters.

    ReplyDelete