Thursday, June 25, 2020

Busy

It’s been a busy couple of weeks, but I’m not complaining. The summer weather is settling in, and until today, it’s been pretty dry...our flowers and veggies need the rain we are getting.

I have actually accomplished a few Quilty things, which is surprising, because I have mostly had my nose in the cross stitch. 

I had completed all of the FQS’s 2018 Designer of the Month blocks, and had even cut out all of the setting parts (and there were a lot)....but then I just stopped. So today I assembled the six setting flowers, which is at least a start. 

Not a great photo, but you get  the idea. I haven’t looked at the rest of the setting instructions, but there are lots of pieces left before this top is a wrap. 

Then it was on to make this Kathy Schmitz Home Sampler into a little wall hanging. I had finished the embroidery back In April and set it aside. 

Pretty cute. This one was on my UFO list, so that makes four UFO quilting finishes for the year. Not where I had hoped to be, but better than not finishing any at all.

Sara Ashley’s Final semester of her Senior HS year was pretty much a bust. They had a virtual honors night. But their school really made an effort to make a couple of events special. Senior Recognition Night was held on the football field with families social distancing, the senior review on a giant tron and an amazing professional fireworks show afterwards. Last week they held graduation, once again with social distancing and limited attendance, on the football field. Their tradition is to have the girls wear white formals, and the guys tuxes. It was wonderful and held so much meaning to all of us who had despaired that the 2020 class would not have a real graduation. Here are are a few pics of my amazing granddaughter......



Yes, the girls took off their fancy shoes and went barefoot.

With her brother, Robert.
This sweet girl went to a special school for kids with learning disabilities from first through eighth. She used those tools she was given and finished high school as a member of the National Honor Society and is Clemson bound. I could not be happier or prouder.

Today’s bounty from our garden...

I already have squash in the freezer and will likely can beans this weekend. Lots of work, but so good to have them when winter is here.

I have lost 3 high school friends and Rob’s stepsister in the last two weeks....none to coronavirus.  A lot to process. 


Take care,
Jennie








2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Sara Ashley for her academic achievements!!! Sara Ashley you are about to enter the world and make your future ~ choose wisely beautiful lady.

    Jennie, as to your departed friends I'm surprised they haven't been grouped into the Covid deaths. Have heard from caregivers who work in elder care system that when folks with already established respiratory issues die , they are listed as Covid deaths. That is only ONE reason why the numbers are increasing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara Ashley is an amazing young women who will go on to accomplish much in life...and such a beauty.
    Sorry for your losses, especially Rob's stepsister. Life can be so cruel. I agree with Saundra. It is beneficial to hospitals to have deaths listed as COVID. Another reason I believe numbers are increasing is because of increased testing.
    Happy to hear you got some much needed rain. We, thankfully, did too :)

    ReplyDelete