Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Mary Brown & Patriotic Finishes

Yay!! I have a Mary Brown block to show this month. This block should have been pieced, but appliquing it seemed simpler to me. 

I am still working on the top two rows of this quilt- I looked today and I need to finish 4 more blocks to have that top section finished. I am going to set a goal of doing that by the end of August. We’ll see.

Here are the other ladies stitching along:

Karen – Log Cabin Quilter(Lead)

Cathy – Biglakequilter

Julie K –  Juliekquilts

Robin –   solsticestudio

Nanette – Doitrightquilter

Jan – Nanette will show her progress on her blog


I also made a little more progress on the 2018 Designer Mystery BOM.

Next I add a narrow, plain border, then a rather complex outer border. 

I also worked on three cute patriotic cross stitch pin tucks this month...hoping against hope to fully finish them before the 4th. And I made it!!! Finished them up today and made this little display....

First was American Eagle from Threadwork Primitives. I stitched it on 36 ct River Rock by Dixie Samplar with threads from stash.

I finished it with a dark navy print and red rick rack, stuffed with wood shavings.

Next, another from Threadwork Primitives, Happy 4th. It is stitched on a 32 ct mystery linen with mostly called for threads. I left off Happy 4th because I plan to use these for all national holidays.

I finished it with a little paisley print, vintage lace vintage buttons and an Eagle jewelry finding and stuffed it with wood shavings.

And finally, this cutie from Chessie and Me, American Coast. I bought the kit which had 40 ct linen and silk threads. The tiny sailboat is my first over one. 



I finished it with a pretty blue cotton print from stash, tiny blue rick rack trim and a little silk ribbon holding a vintage sailboat button that was in my button stash. It is also stuffed with wood shavings.  It was my first time using these for stuffing and I love the way they make the finished product look.....worth the messiness.

We had a family graduation party for Sara Ashley on Sunday. Hopefully she will head off to Clemson in the Fall.









Flowers from our gardens in school colors.


Take Care,
Jennie

5 comments:

  1. What a pretty Mary Brown block! I am glad for your celebration, as so many celebrations are on hold. Digs make me happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Mary Brown block. I need to make the the 4 corner blocks to finish the first 2 rows. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your patriotic pin tucks. I love everything patriotic.
    Wonderful family pics. Sara Ashley looks so very happy. Hopefully she will be off to Clemson in the fall.
    Happy 4th to you and Blake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cross stitching projects are just beautiful--love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stitches! Your finishes are wonderful. I like the fabrics, buttons and trims you chose. Where do you get your wood shavings? I recently tried crushed walnut shells (sold in a big bag for bird cages, inexpensive). They worked really well, but the pillows were a little on the heavy side. I might try a combination of crushed walnut shells and poly-fill.

    I especially love the Chessie & Me stitch. I wish those were sold as pattern only.

    ReplyDelete