Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Comfort & Joy

Block 2 of Comfort & Joy is done except for button eyes for the snowman, which will come after quilting.  I love this quilt.  It is so warm, inviting and fun.  I can hardly wait for the next block set!



The embroidery for Mr. Bluebird is done for February, and I hope to get the block constructed and ready for embellishment to day.


Sara Ashley and Dillon had their Winter Middle School Dance last weekend.  It is hard for me to believe how they are growing up!!!



We are anticipating an ice storm here in Georgia.  So far we are good with minimal ice on some trees and power intact.  We pray this continues.  Our children all live in other parts of the county and they have been without power for several hours.  Hopefully this is only temporary.  We are staying put here.....we have food, flashlights, lots of quilts and our doggies.  We are set :-)

GRATITUDES:
A warm house.
Watching Buddyboo get braver each day.
Talking to my friends worldwide with the mere tap of fingers.

Take care,
Jennie

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jennie, I love all your pictures. Where are you getting your snowman block from and the bluebird pattern? I'm down in lower AL and we are only cold and rainy, I hope you don't get hit to hard with the bad weather. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sandi....bad weather is gone and we never lost power. Yeah! I bought the Comfort & Joy pattern a couple of years ago. Quilting friend Debi and I are pulling fabrics from our stashes and sharing each month. Fun!!

      Delete
    2. Oh, Sandi, the bluebird patterns are from old transfers now in the public domain. You can just google bluebird embroidery patterns. There are tons on Flicker.

      Delete
  2. It is hard for me to pick a favorite block section in Comfort and Joy. The snowman is right up close to the top of my choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention that I like your heart quilt in the header. I recognize those fabrics. I still have some pieces of those left in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bought this as a kit from Jan several years ago. One of the few Valentine things I have....Need to make more, but obviously, not before tomorrow 😁

      Delete
  4. Your snowman is really cute. I love all the fabrics you used. Wonderful blue bird!

    ReplyDelete