Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2014

I have always had a passion for Crazy Quilting and many years ago I pursued it avidly.  Somehow, though, I had moved on to other things and left those projects behind.  At the first of the year I saw a CQ challenge, the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2014 (see the button on my sidebar), and decided that this was the perfect opportunity to get back into the swing of CQing.........with little thought as to what that project might be.  I knew that it needed to be something that would hold my attention for a year.  And I have always wanted to make a CQ using quilting cottons with washable embellishments (my friend, Sandy, was the inspiration for this).  But, somehow, I just couldn't narrow it down.  So, I busied myself with other projects and let the deadline for January slip up on me.  I finally came up with this.....

Embroidered bluebirds (one of my favorite things, as you can see on my Pinterest folder Mr. Bluebird on My Shoulder) will be my theme.


Using these fabrics that I had stashed away for another project that no longer interests me......


Resulting in my January block.


It took longer to stitch the block than I had remembered, but I enjoyed it.  Maybe I was just out of practice.  And I had to dig deep into an upstairs closet to find the embellishments I wanted to use.  My requirement is that the whole thing will be washable, so I am going for simpler embellishments and buttons.

GRATITUDES:
A new vacuum cleaner that actually picks up the Buddyboo hair.
Sweet doggie bellyrubs.
The fresh smell of a clean house.

Take care,
Jennie


2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! Reminds me of a Summer garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love that. I really want to learn how to do it - just have a hard time figuring out how to start! It's beautiful Jennie!

    ReplyDelete