Sunday, June 23, 2013

Rug Camp

It is back to reality after an incredible week at Caraway Rug Camp.  The ride up and back was spent with a packed car and three of the best friends a girl could ever ask for. And then a week with old and new friends and an incredible teacher, Jeanne Benjamin.

I worked diligently and was able to get two rugs planned and underway.  I am so pleased with both of them. Now to get them finished while I still have some momentum!


Pomegranate Basket by Susan Quicksall of Holly Hill Designs


Love Grows in My Garden by Lori Brechlin FolkArt adapted by Spruce Ridge Studios.


Returned home to a garden full of ripening veggies, for which I am thankful. It does mean I will not be spending whole days hooking, but those veggies surely will taste good come winter!

Last night I made the decision to square up the String X quilt blocks and donate them to Heartstrings as blocks ready for assembly. That means I can count those blocks finished.

Today was a day set aside to spend time with my sweet and understanding husband. We had lunch at one of our favorite restaurants and spent the afternoon just riding around the countryside and stopping to buy fresh Georgia peaches (homemade ice cream and cobbler later this week.....yum).  It was a great day.

GRATITUDES
Blake
Country roads
The sweet smell of fresh peaches.

Take care,
Jennie

2 comments:

  1. These are both gorgeous rugs! What size cut are you using? Fresh peaches... MMmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete