Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday

It is a beautiful day here in Georgia.....the sun is shining, it isn't too cold and we have had some nice rain over the past couple of days.  What more could you ask?

On top of that, I have been able to go to my weaving class for the past two days.....one was my regular lesson, the other a make up day for last week.  I am getting the loom ready to start my second project....some twill dish towels.  Ann Lynn is allowing me to work on the type of loom that I am hoping to buy soon, a Mighty Wolf.....after working on the Wolf Pup, it really seems like a "big girl" loom!  Now, mind you, it is not one of those wonderful, take up your whole room looms like my friend Diane has, but I don't see myself committing to one of those.......yet :-)



I spent last night working on set three of the Just Takes 2 blocks.  I am not adept at foundation piecing.  I spent an awful lot of time ripping out and redoing.  Not only am I not adept at this technique, I am not fond of it.  Maybe I need some lessons, as it appears we are going to be using this method a lot in the blocks for this quilt.  On this set I used two background colors and three reds....again, all from stash.


The small Crosses Mourning Quilt is hand quilted, bound and hung.  This clock is in my sewing room....I was pleased that the little quilt went with it so well!




Our Bible Study group donated Valentine baskets for the young women rescued from sexual abuse and slavery by Wellspring Ministries.  There are eight young women (ages 15-18) currently in this program.  Each of our ladies contributed with the generosity of loving hearts.  We delivered the baskets to the office on Monday along with the little bud vases filled with tiny carnations and baby's breath.  It is shocking that the Atlanta area is one of the worst in the country for this type of abuse.

GRATITUDES:
Grandchildren that are safe and loved by their families.
The feel of fibers in my hand.
Sweet memories of my mother.

Take care,
Jennie

1 comment:

  1. Jennie, I love your clock and quilt - the colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete