Thursday, February 9, 2012

Frustrated

I didn't post the other rug I worked on this week because I am just frustrated with it.  I started it many years ago and put it away because I could never get it right.  A couple of months ago I pulled it out and worked on it a bit.  I still disliked the way it was turning out.....which is a shame, because it is a pretty little persian and I would really like to finish it. This week I had Eric to look at it with me and we tweaked a couple of things.  I still don't like it.  I am determined to make it work, but I just don't know what I am going to change to make the difference.  I will finish the background and wait for it to speak to me.  I have a feeling it is not going to speak.......I will just have to wait for my next lesson with Eric if that is the case.


A member of one of my online groups has been diagnosed with cancer, so the group has decided to make her a comfort quilt.  She had admired this lovely, soft colored antique churn dash quilt.


We are going to try to duplicate the quilt in a lap size for her.  The fabrics appear to mostly be fabrics from old shirts and dresses....worn and mellow.  The group members are sending in blocks in similar colors and fabrics; one member will assemble it, and another (all the way in France) will quilt it.  I think that it is going to be such a surprise for her, and hopefully a blessing as she undergoes treatment for her disease.  This is the block that I made (it finishes at 6 1/2"):


I like this quilt so much that I am tempted to make one of my own.  I know....I really need another project.  But it is a thought....and I have the fabrics in my stash!

Today we put out over 150 bulbs in our yard, planted two Carolina jasmine at the garden gate and planted onion sets in the garden.  It is hard to believe it is only mid February.  I know that it will be cold again, but it really seems like Spring.

GRATITUDES:
The pungent smell of the earth.
Laughter.
A clean house.

Take care,
Jennie


No comments:

Post a Comment