Monday, February 27, 2012

Sew Crazy Day.........

at Over the Hill Farm.  Yes, the Sew Crazies, minus Luella and Sandy, had a little mini retreat today at our place.  Amidst laughter, friendship and food we managed to work on table runners based on a You Tube from the Missouri Quilt Company using the Strip Tube Ruler.  My runner, made from stash,  is very Spring-like, which is what this glorious weather is deceiving us into thinking that it is.  We were even able to sit on the back porch to enjoy lunch.



The daffodils are in full bloom now, as are the little purple hyacinths that are so very fragrant.  The forsythias are hinting at the promise of their full glory with tiny yellow buds starting to appear.  I love Spring.  Sometimes, when Spring is full of promise, I forget that Fall is my favorite season.


This miniature Shoo Fly block, measuring in at 3" finished, was on its way to Vermont today to become a part of a little quilt for another friend from my Yahoo Prim group who is ill.  I hope that this tiny wish from friends near and far will cheer her.



At the garden, the early Spring crop is in........spinach, cabbage, lettuce, collards, onions, strawberries and blueberries.

Blueberry bloom

Lettuce, Spinach
Strawberry Plant


Blake and I found this old galvanized tub in an abandoned barn.  The bottom is nearly rotted out, but I thought that it made for a charming place to start a container herb garden.......as long as it still holds dirt, we are good!  Might I add, I am not sure Blake was able to understand why we were dragging this piece of junk home.........what does he know :-)  To his credit, he didn't say a word, just loaded it into the Expedition.





GRATITUDES:
Warm sunshine on my face.
The back porch swing.
A husband who accepts me just the way I am.
Cold, wet doggy noses pressed against my hand.

Take care,
Jennie


1 comment: