Sunday, March 27, 2022

Happy Sunday

This has been a beautiful day, weather wise. A little windy, but the sun was shining brightly. So nice to finally see the gray of the last few months lifted. There is, however, this….


I finally pulled the last loop on this huge runner….

It still needs to be blocked and bound, but it is nice to have it off the frame.  It is a pattern from Cushing, here…. https://wcushing.com/?s=Let+us+be+silent+pattern&post_type=product

While I was packing away my St. Patty’s Day decor, I realized that I hadn’t shared that. Things are a little sparse, but this was the first year that I had decorated for this holiday.  This is my (rather large) dough bowl. 


This is Miss Shamrock from Pineberry Lane. 

Mystery linen in what I believe is 40ct. DMC threads similar to those in the pattern photo. 

A Celtic styled cross, pattern free from the internet. Mystery linen and a variegated overdyed cotton???color. 

A simple wool appliquéd shamrock. 

The wool applique round for the holiday. 


Followed by this one….probably my favorite thus far. 

The ladybug is a cute button from my stash. 

I store the pieces that aren’t in use inside this wonderful vintage picnic basket…

And the metal stand holding each month’s round sits atop it. 

Well, that’s about it for tonight. 



Take Care,
Jennie

2 comments:

  1. Ilove your St Patrick’s Day decos. I wanted to make a table topper for it but alas life got in the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see a post from you, Jennie!! Your rug turned out wonderfully. I've always liked that saying. You did a great job with your St Patrick's decorating. I used to decorate for ALL holidays...the "major" (in my head) ones (Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Independence Day, and Valentine's) as well as Thanksgiving, St.Patrck's, President's Day, etc. Now I am lucky to do Christmas and Halloween. It always made me sad when my mom lost her desire to decorate and yet I fear I am becoming her. It is just so much work...and a bit depressing....to decorate and you are the only one to see it. But I did bring out my St. Patrick's Day tucks I've stitched. I had been doing at least 1 each year but not this year as I decided I had too many other projects going. I have Miss Shamrock on my to-do list...I've done the companion pieces, but not that one. Your little rounds are adorable...but, yeah....that boot is STINKING adorable! ❤️ Enjoy your pollen season (sorry LOL)...we are going to get more snow tomorrow. Grrr.... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete