Thursday, May 20, 2021

Lots Going On

Hello, folks. I really didn’t think I had enough photos to blog, but I was wrong! Here we go.....

I took a three day Zoom class with Lisanne Miller again. This time we are hooking the old Buttermold pattern, but giving it a touch of our modern ways. I love hooking this type of pattern, as it is like hooking many small patterns and you feel quite accomplished with each one. 

My progress thus far.

And a couple of close ups. Except for the backgrounds, I am hooking entirely from worms or scraps. If the wool strip is too wide, I just cut it down with my scissors. Cuts range from 4 - 8.5.

First grade Flowers had to be on break while I took this class.

Next up, I finished the Ready for Spring (Woolen Willow) top, and as soon as I make a backing it will be ready to head to the longarm quilter.

As you can see, my setting is quite different from the pattern(below). For my personal taste, I just found the setting to be distracting, so I went with sweet and simple and I really like it. My colors are more in line with Fall than Spring,
The outside borders are an old Blackbird Designs fabric. All fabrics for this sweet quilt from stash. Can you see me smiling?



This arbor never fails to amaze and please me.

I am sure I post a pic of it every year. Please bear with me...hahaha. Also, see a peak of last year’s Christmas amaryllis to the right. It had six beautiful, big flowers. 

We had lots of family goings on...

Macy’s fifteenth birthday......



Robert’s twenty second birthday (how did that happen???)...





Loved his cake. He is a huge cat lover and has two very pampered kitties of his own.

And Mother’s Day.....





Take Care,
Jennie




13 comments:

  1. OH Jennie, I just love your Ready for Spring quilt...or ready for fall, in your case! PERFECT setting...that is what I will do too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a wonderful post! you certainly have been busy. I love your quilt and your rug is beautiful.
    you have some very pretty girls in your family love the last picture. Happy Birthday to Robert.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rug. A great pattern to use up leftover worms. Your quilt is lovey and all the women in your family are beauties. Happy birthdays to the grand kids. They grow up way too fast. Wow! that arbour is stunning.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful rug and quilts and lovely happy days!!! Enjoy! :-)
    I can relate to the "I'm using stash happy dance"! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy...I love the rug..so cheerful!! I have a 15 year old as well and I love her but I wish she did not have pink hair. lol I can see that time flies by and the little ones we held in our arms are on their way to adulthood. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your neutral colors with the from your stash fabrics and your buttermold rug is coming along nicely. There is something more rewarding about accomplishing each element of a rug vs hooking the same amount of loops on an open full rug ~ psychologically.
    I can certainly relate to your cartoon. Wow, those young'uns have grown!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rug is magnificent!!! Quilt is not too shabby either.
    Happy belated birthdays to Macy and Robert.
    Beautiful Mother's Day pic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to both Macy and Robert. You are doing a great job on your hooking project! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. You accomplish more between your postings than I do between the changing of the years on calendars. Schnikies!!! That buttermold rug is breath-taking... I'll pass on the 4 cut...and the 5...and the 6...but am always impressed with those who have that patience. Your shading on the grapes is incredible. Great quilt too...I am always amazed by those, like you, who can see something different, and many times better, than the originals. These two toppers look like two different designs. That arbor is absolutely stunning. Wow. We have had some pleasant temps this past week and things are greening up. Looking forward to lilac season. Beautiful family you have there...and it's obvious that they get their genes from you. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that Buttermold patterns looks beautiful, and detailed. The colors you're using look wonderful. How large is each circle?
    I think your layout for Ready for Spring is so clean and inviting and delightful.
    Happy Birthday to your grands. It's just too bad how quickly the grow (imho, anyway).
    I can certainly identify with your image at the end. If only I had a 30-year-old body!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your projects are all gorgeous! And yes, I love when I'm able to use up some stash. Not that I don't love shopping for new things. LOL I don't understand children. They're so tiny and then POOF! they're 34 and living far from home. LOL Your family picture is wonderful. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the setting you did for Ready for Spring. At my old home I had to Crepecule Weeping Roses, I was so sad to leave them behind.In Spring they were spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jennie! I just love the newest rug you are making and it certainly makes me want to give it a try some day. All the little motifs are so pretty and I look forward to watching your rug grow. And what a beautiful quilt top--I like your colors very much. Looks like your month was a busy, but happy one like mine. Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and happy June!

    ReplyDelete