Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Hooking & XStitch Progress

I have been trying really hard to be more focused, and I am pleased to be seeing some progress.

July was Jolly July for cross stitchers on Instagram. I pulled out a sampler I started before Christmas last year....I had only gotten the bones of the border done...and started on it. The pattern is Bringing Good Cheer by Blackbird Designs, and like all BBDs patterns, is lovely. I didn’t finish it by the end of July, but decided to keep plugging away. Happy to say, as of last week, it is now a finish.

The linen is a little more on the golden side. It is Straw by Weeks, and the floss is the called for overdyes. 

Then I decided to stitch another of the eight Prairie Schooler Santa’s from the St. Nicholas pamphlet.


This is the seventh, so I only have one to go. Then I will be ready to fully finish them into ornaments.

They are stitched on 18 count khaki Davos using the called for DMC floss.

Next I picked Martha S Scott by GiGiR back up and I am making good progress on her. I really love this little sampler.

It is stitched on 40 count Ale Newcastle by PTP with the called for overdyes. 

Lisanne Miller of Cushing is having online rug hooking classes by Zoom. She is the Director of Caraway Rug School as well as one of the teachers. It had been my plan to have her as a teacher this year, but, alas, Caraway went the way of Covid. So, next best was to sign on for her online class. The current class is Leaves and Acorns runner. This is my progress after one class....

Next class will focus on the acorns and branches.

Christi and Sara Ashley made a girl trip to a Georgia State Park to go kayaking and had a great time.


The beautiful sky over Jackson’s ball field.

How can the county support flag football for kids, but not face to face school??? Really, so many things make no sense to me. 



Take care,
Jennie

 

4 comments:

  1. Your cross stitch pieces are just beautiful. I love the colors and detail in Good Cheer. But I especially like the Martha S Scott sampler. The colors make me think that the original was made by a girl or young woman who was learning to cross stitch and using leftover threads from her mom's project.
    Love, love, love your leaves and acorns. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made great progress from just one Zoom session.
    So productive with the cross stitch.
    I need to learn how to focus. You, obviously, are doing a great job.
    The school/sports issue is pretty messed up. I've seen that the teachers' union is pushing for remote learning. There was a teacher at my recent retreat. She said they were told they weren't allowed to fail anyone. WTH? She did fail 2 kids who did absolutely NOTHING. She didn't know if the administration then passed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cross stitch finishes--just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your X-stitches are lovely. I've a few waiting to get finished too.

    ReplyDelete