Monday, April 29, 2019

Wool

This post will be a catch up on the wool projects that I am currently working on.

Number one is the Doily Rug.

Only two fans left. I am going to try to work on this rug for at least 15 minutes a day. Of course, we all know that if you sit down to hook, you will most likely spend more than 15 minutes. My goal is to have this rug finished before Caraway Rug School in mid June. Last year I hadn’t finished a single rug in the entire year between camp dates. I was a bit humbled. But not enough that I didn’t wait till the last minute to finish a rug this year. Of course, I did finish the little red ware rug. 

Next up is Block two of Mrs. Jump’s Tea Party. 

I must say that I am right pleased with these blocks .

If you recall, this is Linda Brannock’s version...

Hers is mainly 30’s repro prints with rick rack.

Last wool item...I am getting ready for a class with Tricia Travis in May. I am really looking forward to it. This will be my second class with her. Being an open class, the rug I have chosen is by a different designer.
This rug pattern is one gifted to me by my dear friend, Diane, when she moved away to West Virginia. 
This is her version:

The pattern is Solomon’s Delight, and Diane is the designer. I hope that I can do it justice.

This sweet little plant has popped up in my yard the past two years...

It is Star of Bethlehem. 

And we moved this beautiful rose from my daughter’s yard when they did away with their arbor...

It is lush and loaded with wonderful purple roses. I haven’t been able to find the name of it.

Well, that does it for tonight.


Take Care,
Jennie 








4 comments:

  1. The doily rug is really interesting. Wish I lived near you. You must have many, many interesting rugs and quilts that you have made. I would love a visit to see them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doily rug is too cool.
    Enjoy Tricia's class. I really am happy to have had a class with her. She is just so sweet. Tell her I said hi.
    Hugs,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are keeping busy for sure. Love your fan rug.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete