Tuesday, March 26, 2019

This and That

Seems like I have spent an inordinate amount of time catching up after my wonderful trip to Edisto.

I did manage to get my OMG finished.....

The middle portion is assembled and it is time to move onto the appliqué borders. Today I cut the border strips and have started prepping the bottom border.

The binding on this rug was completed while at Edisto and is ready for a final steaming before it can be hung.

I used Lauren’s technique  for the binding and was quite pleased. I will definitely be using it again.

Speaking of Lauren, she gifted me with the most generous goodies.....

Some of her gorgeous hand dyed wool, hand stamped scissors fob and scissors minder (made by the most talented Lauren) and a wonderful hook handmade by Hudson Valley Rugs(they have an Etsy Shop). These hooks are fashioned from vintage tool handles....so cool, and great to hook with.

As well as this cute pattern. We decided that I should turn the kitty into Casper.

Another Wildflower Bouquet joined the slowly growing stack....


And a little progress on the doily rug....


Mattie’s usual resting pose....

What a lady...lol.


Take Care,
Jennie 









3 comments:

  1. The Doily Rug is looking fantastic. AWWH, Mattie with her belly up reminds me of my boy Ben who I miss SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love your OMG!!!
    Great pic of Mattie ❤️
    So happy you like your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you used more than one background on your Burgoyne Surrounded quilt (you don't call it that but is what I think of when I see it).

    ReplyDelete