Sunday, March 3, 2019

Summing up February Part 2

 Some time ago  I purchased Lori Holt’s Farm Girl Vintage book and set about amassing fabrics, even made blocks...then set it aside, I don’t know why. 

My first five blocks from 2015.


I still love it, the fabrics are still together. That must mean that it deserves a finish. So I have been cutting out a few blocks here and there and placing them by my sewing machine where they are easy to pick up and work on. Honestly, cutting out these little 6” blocks is more difficult than stitching them together. So, here is where I am now. These are the new blocks...

All of the thus far finished blocks....

And the first row assembly started...

I realized that the blocks in the book are in alphabetical order, not in order by row. So from now on I am going to complete them by row.

My online Prim Group is making Miss Jump’s Tea Time by Linda Brannock. 

My interpretation makes use of what I have on hand. I really didn’t feel inclined to go out and purchase rick rack, so wool appliqué and embroidery embellishment it is.

Once again, Linda’s daughter has given us permission to share this pattern as a BOM within our group.

The Wildflower Bouquet blocks now number four. 

It is hard to not do more of these blocks, but this is along term project with lots of other things ahead of it. I do love choosing the fabrics and seeing how they work with one another. So many projects, so little time.

I think that about finishes summing up February. On to March!!

I pulled a couple of charm packs, (the pattern only calls for one, but both have missing squares pilfered for other projects), to make 
Pecking Oder by MSQC. I will try to whip this one up this month....another attempt at whittling down the precut cubby. Am cutting background fabric as I didn’t have enough precuts for it.



Friend Sandra made this adorable “pie” pincushion as a gift. I just love it. So bright and cheery.


From Instagram....isn’t it the truth...lol.


Take Care,
Jennie 





4 comments:

  1. It just keeps getting better and better! How many quilts do you have in progress...or can't you count that high? LOL.
    Your appliqué has such perfect stitches.
    I like the word proquiltinate. Is there also a prohookinate?
    Hugs 😊
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Jump's Tea Time -- I chose not to do it because I didn't like the rickrack! Now that I see what you've done and taken a closer look at the blocks, I love the flowers in the hearts. I probably won't make this quilt, though. Too many other in-progress quilts to keep up with and finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the proquiltinate, and do that as often as I can. Sometimes it's derailed by probloginating (reading blogs instead of doing....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have a lot of work to do on Autumn Love (Lori Holt) but have plans to do Farm Girl Vintage.

    ReplyDelete