Sunday, January 10, 2016

Happy Birthday Mother

For some reason, this post never published and I just realized it.  So, even though the 4th is long past, I am going to publish it now, in memory of my mom, Mattie Lou.

January 4th  would have been my mother's 104th birthday. And she left us eight years ago this month. I think that you always miss your mother. I know that I do. 

My circle for the day is inmemory of my mother.
She was prissy and pretty, sassy and talented. The beautiful plumage of this bird reminded me of her.

This saying reminds me of her, too. She never felt old, nor did she seem old.

Take care,
Jennie

2 comments:

  1. So Sweet.
    Happy birthday in heaven to your mom.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. We talk with friends our age about how, when younger, 50 looked and sounded so old. Now that we are all 70, we think 50 would look pretty good after all.

    ReplyDelete