Thursday, October 11, 2012

Overdrive

Just when I think I cannot possibly be any busier, it happens!!  I will give you a taste of what has been happening tonight, but not all.  My camera battery went dead and I can't transfer anymore photos till I charge it, which is probably just as well.  I will go backwards from today, but not in any particular order.

We have never been to the Georgia National Fair in Perry, GA, and it was on the list last year, but didn't happen.  Today was the day.  The weather was gorgeous and Blake and I enjoyed the ride down.
We had fun going through the exhibits and looking at the animals.  There were lots of gorgeous quilts and other handiwork and art, antiques and such.  And horses, bunnies, cows, goats and sheep.  But only baby chicks.  They didn't have a chicken exhibit.  Bummer.  We, of course, had the requisite fair food........corn dogs, fries and funnel cakes.  Yum!  It was a nice day and now I can cross that one off my list.  Once was plenty, but I would be sorry if I had never gone.











One of my favorite online stores is Primitive Gatherings, owned by the talented Lisa Bongean.  I was fortunate to be able to take two days of workshops with her when she visited the Quilt Guild of the Southern Crescent in Fayetteville recently.  Even though I have done plenty of wool applique, there is always something new to learn.  And talk about inspiration.........her trunk show was to die for. The only bad thing is that now I have two more projects waiting to be finished.  Go figure.


My projects


Some of Lisa's lovely projects.


Lisa giving a demo.

The buttonhole stitching got finished on Oakleaf & Pomegranates Block #4.......with 5 - 7 sitting on the sewing machine awaiting my attention.  Am really loving these blocks.


We had our quarterly ER lunch.  Attendance was down, but that didn't stop the fun.  I don't know what was so funny, but we all look tickled pink.


Still have some zinnias and morning glories blooming at the garden fence.  Also still getting some okra, tomatoes, and maybe one more mess of peas before frost.  The collards and greens are ready to pick for the first time, too.  The chickens are producing about 2-3 eggs a day.......I think I have another layer, but am not sure which one it might be.  And I believe the mystery layer is moulting and not giving us any eggs right now.......two of the girls are moulting (they don't lay when they are making new feathers) and the particular looking egg that the mystery layer produced hasn't showed up in a couple of weeks.  It is all very intriguing, don't you think?  I am pretty certain Blake thinks I am losing my mind......but that is okay, I am having fun doing it.


As for my goals.........the Meadow Cosmos blocks are still awaiting setting.  I did, however get a lot done on the big rug, including the scroll that I wanted to finish.  That photo will be on the next post.
Goals for this week........to finish at least half of my new weaving project, sew Robert's new patches on and work on another scroll on the big rug.  Sounds pretty ambitious........we'll see how it goes.  If I could only quit jumping around from one project to the next!  FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRATITUDES

The Word of the Lord.
Days in which I can do exactly as I please.
The soft rustle of falling leaves.

Take care,
Jennie


2 comments:

  1. I think you must have enjoyed your class with Lisa. New mats waiting to be finished but wool stitching goes faster than regular applique. You will soon have new finished beautiful wool mats to display. Did Lisa bring things to sell? That would be my downfall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did she ever.........we can't even go there. They were gorgeous, and of course there were models of everything.

      Delete