Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fall days

I do love Fall days.  It is my favorite time of the year.  The gorgeous weather, with flowers still lingering.  The rustle of leaves falling gently in the soft breezes.  That special crispness in the air.
Mornings spent with Blake in the front porch rockers feeling the gentle sun on my face.  Fall garden crops and fresh apples.  Lovely.  Thank you Lord.







Fall means moulting to Miss Stella, who is having a very bad hair day and an attitude to go along with it.


Snowflake and Chloe, the Cochins are an interesting contrast in black and white.  They are steering clear of Stella.


On the way home from the GA National Fair, we stopped at a couple of cute antique shops.  Being a sucker for vintage dogs, this cute piece found its way home with me.


A high school friend posted this photo on Facebook of a group of us girls back in 1964......I think we were Juniors in HS.  So fresh faced we were.......and thinking we were so worldly.  At first I had to laugh, but then the memories flooded back and I mused over how fortunate we were to live where we did and to go to such a great HS.  They were wonderful years.


GRATITUDES

Fresh greens simmering on the stove.
Memories of days gone by, but so close to my heart.
Chicken antics.
Friends, old and new.

Take care,
Jennie

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Your pictures are beautiful, and you've described Autumn perfectly. Great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by. I am really working on the photography. I need a class!!!

      Delete