Monday, April 16, 2012

Lost........

Last week was truly a lost week in many ways.  After a wonderful Easter/Birthday Sunday, I wrenched my back on Monday working in the yard.  It was a long week.  I don't "do nothing" well.......that is probably an understatement.  The weather was gorgeous, and I wanted to be in the yard.  I had plans, I wanted to weave and stitch and hook.  It just didn't happen.  I sat or walked or reclined trying to find a comfortable position.  My accomplishments were few and I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to do much of anything.  Finally, today, I am much better.  I even worked in the yard a tiny bit.

I did finish my simple gray alpaca shawl........it awaits blocking and then I will show it to you.

And on Thursday I managed to go with my Young at Heart group from the church to the William Breman Jewish Heritage and Holocaust Museum in Atlanta.  I really didn't feel like going, but this was something I had wanted to do for a long time, and it was so worthwhile.  If you have the opportunity to go, do.

We had our annual family Easter dinner and egg hunt on Easter Sunday......which also happened to be my 64th birthday.  The weather couldn't have been nicer and we had a great time.  The only glitch was that the Horne family wasn't able to be here because Matt's grandmother passed away.  So......we had a second Easter egg hunt this Sunday for Macy and Jackson.......and Sara Ashley came along for round two.

Macy, Sara Ashley and Jackson
Dillon, Christopher, Colten, Robert and Sara Ashley

Jackson found the Golden Egg!




The Hornes


The Estes

Macy lost her first tooth while she was at the beach on Spring Break.


On Saturday Diane, Laura and I went to the Dogwood ATHA Spring Hook In and Rug Show.  The show was great, and as always, we just had a good time being together.  The Woolen Rooster (dear friend Kathie) was a vendor............and she was having an incredible inventory reduction sale on her "as is" wool.  She might have been reducing her inventory, but here is what happened to my stash as a result..............what can I say?????????


On my hooking frame is another rug from Anita White's Cupboard Series, Blooming Flags.  Excuse the lousy photo.  I think that I will need to replace the white on the bunting with something duller.  Otherwise, I am happy with it so far.


One of my favorite Hooking Artists, Karen Kahle, has a wonderful new blog, Crafting a Beautiful Life..........I am an avid follower.  She is so talented........I would kill to take a class from her.  She also has an etsy shop.  I have proof.  Who could resist Wild Roses, Dusty Golden Olive and Sky Dust?  But how will I ever be able to cut them into strips......they are so gorgeous, I just want to touch them and admire them.


Enough of my nonsense for tonight.

GRATITUDES:
Grandchildren.
Blue indigo buntings and Red Breasted Grosbeaks stopping at my feeders as they head North.
Fresh veggies from the garden.
Can I say retirement again???

Take care,
Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment