Monday, April 30, 2012

Change........

I am usually not so resistant to change, but this photo editing thing is driving me nuts.  I finally found something I wanted to use.  It wasn't free; I paid the fee and they still haven't sent me the code to sign in despite several emails.  If I don't hear from them tomorrow I will have to try another approach.  In the meantime, I have bought myself another camera..........a little more sophisticated than my point and shoot. I am not absolutely sure how I feel about it yet.  This week I will go in for a class and that should help.  When I downloaded my photos, I can see that they are better, even without the benefit of photo editing.  All of this being said, posting to the blog has just seemed beyond my reach.........but it is way past time.  I need to put on my big girl panties and deal with it, so here goes.  Enough whining.

We are spending a tremendous amount of time in the yard and enjoying every minute of it.  Blake has all kinds of things coming up in his garden.  I have been busy cute-ing up my garden house.  I have more fun things in my head, but here is what I have done so far:




The chicken house is now in place and the footings were poured today.  Progress is good, even though slow. 

Lots of flowers blooming in our yard.






Went to a fun class by the incredibly talented Jill and learned to make floor cloths......we actually made a smaller table matt size, but the technique is the same.  We each designed our own, and I was pleased with the way mine turned out.  It is pretty "me".  We had lots of laughter and the usual very good "Jill food".




 I have been experimenting with different twills on Miss May.  I am starting to feel more comfortable with her, and my weaving is improving little by little.


I finally finished the simple triangle alpaca shawl.  It was easy enough for someone who knits like me....barely adequately.  I did enjoy making it and am looking forward to wearing it.


It took awhile for us all to get together to celebrate my birthday. When we did, the food was good and the company even better.  Thanks to my wonderful daughters and their families.







Okay, past my bedtime.

GRATITUDES:
Living in the country.
A powerful prayer breakfast.
JESUS.
Family and friends.

Take care,
Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment