Sunday, August 22, 2021

No Excuses

Here it is, nearly September, and I haven’t posted since mid June. No excuses, I just haven’t. I need to either blog or quit. I really don’t want to quit, so we’ll see. 

I have done lots since my last post, but I will just share a little today.  Then I’ll have plenty for another post…or two.

My most recent finish is this little Halloween mat in wool applique. 

It still needs a good steaming, but I think it’s pretty cute. 

This sweet little sampler is Amelia Ellis by Whilst Iris Sleeps.

I had to stitch it as soon as I saw it. The small size and sweet colors just drew me in. 

Sara Ashley wanted me to make her a crocheted granny square tote bag before she went back to Clemson. This is what we came up with. 

She is a hoot…..she told me she really liked “crotchit”, and in this family, crochet will be forevermore known as crotchit. 

Here she is in her dorm room the day her mom and I took her back to college.


Also finished this quick cross stitch for a tray I found on sale at JoAnn’s that has a blackbird on it. 

Can you just feel a theme coming on here?

I started a Christmas tree skirt in a virtual class with Lisanne Miller. 

This is as far as I have gotten. Lots of little pine needles. The plan is to use it under a pencil type tree with cross stitch Prairie Schooler Santa’s decorating it. This year??? Well, that’s debatable. We all know about good intentions. 

We had rat snakes eating our eggs at the chicken house. We like to have rat snakes around because they eat rats and poisonous snakes. But once they start on our eggs they have to go. The other day Blake found two in the chicken house. Our neighbor, Amy, had expressed an interest in rehoming some to her debris pile on her farm, so Blake called her. Here they are wrangling one of them into a tub for transport.

Both were successfully relocated. Can I just say that I was glad to be away from home that day?

Guess that is enough excitement for this post. Hope you are all staying well and safe. 



Take Care,
Jennie





10 comments:

  1. First of all how sweet it is that Sara Ashley wanted that retro granny crochet bag. Is that stuff cool with all teen girls now? The Halloween mat is adorable and you're ready for the season coming soon, if time moves as fast as it has been. Your hooked tree skirt is looking great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you’re talented! I enjoyed seeing what you’ve created. I love love love Fall and your pieces are so very fall. Crotchit!! Now that’s great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rat snakes yikes! So glad you posted again. Love your work. The quote about southern people is very cute.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to (finally...lol) hear from you, Jennie. You have been busy and so very productive. Love them all. That Halloween applique is too sweet. Whose pattern may I ask?
    Sara Ashley looks happy to be back at school. Love the crotchit bag.
    Great meme to end the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please don't quit blogging!! Hearing from you sporadically is better than never...you always have so much inspiration and I always manage to add to my "gee, I'd like to do that" list. Love the black cat mat...kinda partial to black cats. ;-) Please tell me she wasn't serious when she said crotchit LMBO.... I'll never be able to read the word "crochet" again without thinking about this...nope, not going to be just your family's thing. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been productive with your stitching. Love the cat mat, the granny square bag, the blackbird cross stitch, and tree skirt and all that girlie stuff but the rat snake gives me shivers and the word crochit give me the giggles. Wishing your granddaughter a productive year at University.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your beautiful handiwork, especially that granny square handbag, the blackbird cross stitch and the tree skirt, The word crochit gave me the giggles and the words rat snakes gave me chills. I'd be scared to go fetch the eggs.

    Take care and please stay with the occasional post instead of quitting.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed your post Jennie so hope you will keep blogging.Not so sure about the rat snakes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I know why you were not blogging. You were busy creating some wonderful items. Especially love that Christmas mat for your tree. I will need to keep this in mind one year to make myself one for one of my feather trees. Yikes on the snakes. So glad we only have one poisonous snake here in Michigan and thank goodness I have never seen one in my life. Also loved the cartoon! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Amelia Ellis is beautiful. It's impressive to me how talented young girls were needle and thread at such an early age, so many years, or centuries, ago.
    It's fun to see those granny squares (that my own grandmother taught me to make 6+ decades ago) becoming popular again. Beautiful bag. And beautiful granddaughter.
    I think I love your hooked rugs the best of all you make. The colors on this one are gorgeous.
    Ugh to the snakes. Maybe double or triple ugh with a shiver included.
    I chuckled at your last image. My only experience with a Southern woman asking this question is from movies, and I can't think which one or ones.
    By the way, where does the time go, anyway? Wasn't it just April a week or so ago?

    ReplyDelete