Saturday, January 16, 2021

Hello 2021

I am not quite sure how I feel about welcoming 2021. Frankly, the world continues to be quite a mess. I am praying that, perhaps, by summer’s end we can see improvement in the Covid situation. As far as other national and world issues, I have a wait and see attitude. On a hopeful note, despite Georgia being 50th in efficiency of vaccine distribution, DH and I were able to get dose one of the Moderna vaccine on Wednesday from our local mom and pop pharmacy. This was after spending three days attempting to get into our district’s distribution. We are talking about hundreds of attempted calls. Absurd. Enough.....

It has been far too long since I blogged. As always, I had good intentions and I don’t want to leave the blogging world. So, here I am.

I have made a little progress on the Burnham scroll rug. I was unhappy with the roses that I originally hooked. I felt there was too much contrast and they detracted from the otherwise old fashioned look of the rug. After discussing with Lisanne, this is what I came up with.



I am much happier. A couple more leaves and there will only be background left. Hopefully this one will be a finish before long. 

I have spent numerous hours organizing and cleaning my crafting rooms since the first of the year. I am always appalled at the amount of great stuff I have accumulated. Quilting, hooking, yarn, spinning, wool applique, cross stitch....you get the idea. Way too many irons in the fire and not wanting to let go of much. I am of an age that no way can I finish it all, but that seems to make no difference.

I have numerous rugs that I finished hooking last year that just need blocking and binding. Those are high on my priority list this year. And some finishing of started projects. I am in the process of making a plan. 

I am overwhelmed with quilting projects and UFOs. I have yet to come up with a plan there. And I will talk about cross stitch in an upcoming post. 

We were able to have my family over for a totally normal Christmas, which was a blessing.








Blake’s crew had a covid exposure, so we plan to see them, finally, tomorrow.


Hoping you are all staying safe and well.
Take care,
Jennie

8 comments:

  1. Your Burnham is looking fabulous!! I empathize with you on too much crafting stuff. I have donated hundreds of yards of cottons to a local church women's group who make quilts for the needy but when I last donated they said they had plenty for now. Still have more to donate when they're ready.
    Have sold off all of my vintage feedsacks, thrown away or taken to the thrift store many ATHA rug hooking magazines. Have also decided to not renew my Primitive Quilts and Projects subscription since there would be only maybe one pattern which I'd consider hooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your rug is lovely. We are in NH and because both my husband and I are in front line jobs we got the first vaccine last week and have an appointment for our second. WE are redoing my rug hooking room to my liking and it is hard to week out I do not have as many irons in the fire as you do but I still have lots of stuff.
    happy new year
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm at the same cross road as you with blogging and crafts and hobbies. Some people only have a few hobbies and I'm all over the place with hobbies and I love them all but I'm at the age as well that I will never finish all I have. I need to let go of some more stuff. I dug out my quilting UFOs yesterday only to put it back away (for now) lol.

    I hope your family is safe from Covid-19. Such a scary time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see a post pop up from you!! Always enjoy them. Your comments about your equivocal feelings about 2021 made me think of something I heard: We think 2020 was bad, but wait until 2021 and she's old enough to drink. ;-) I am glad you were able to have a normal family Christmas....seems like you are in the minority. Your rug is looking incredible! I agree, the less contrast in the color of the roses make them look more "rose-like" - beautiful! And I am just in love with those blue scrolls against that dark background. You get an A++ for color planning this project! I don't wanna talk about how many projects I have. Seriously. Have a great new week! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous rug! So glad you were able to spend time with family. I told mine to stay away this past Christmas and I hated it. Hope this year is much better. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rug is lovely!!!
    Love the pics of the grands. Robert is just cracking me up!!!
    So happy you had a normal Christmas and hopefully all of Blake's family is well. Glad you were able to get the vaccine, but at this time, I have no intention of getting it. Hoping I am making the right decision.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennie, what a lovely family you have! ❤️

    That rug is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your roses are stunning, Jennie! You really know how to use color in your rugs to create dimension.
    How wonderful that you were able to have family for Christmas!
    Yes, 2021 doesn't seem so great so far. We can only hope and pray it gets better!

    ReplyDelete