Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Halloween Stitching

I have been busy with Halloween stitching, and it has been fun! The past few years I really haven’t decorated for Halloween or Fall  much, but that changed this year. 
So, here are some of the things I‘be finished.....

Autumn Alphabet by The  Scarlett  House with 40 count Weeks Straw, overdyed cottons similar time called for, mounted on a paddle by Homestead Needleworke with Rick rack trim.



The hooked pillow in the back I made several years ago and I don’t recall the designer.

Happy Thankhallowmass, design by Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farms. This was a kit and I just used what was sent and stitched it into a small pillow.


Witch Silhouette, a freebie by Little Stitcher. I remember using a purplish/black overdyed cotton, but don’t recall the linen. I finished it with fabric and buttons from my stash, an antique lace scrap, overdyed silk ribbon and a little key charm.


Button Eyed Cat by The Scarlett House stitched on 40 count Weeks Straw with miscellaneous floss and stuffed with wool snippets. Buttons from JoAnn’s.

This one is so tiny and cute. My favorite, I think. 

This tiny witch came from the Buttons Brack pattern and I added the pumpkin. 40 count mystery linen, scrap flosses, JoAnn’s trim that I coffee stained. 


And this cute tray from Hobby Lobby to display the last three in. Hello Fall , silver pumpkin and crow also from Hobby Lobby.


Halloween Quaint Lady by Pineberry Lane...kit a part of the Dyeing to Stitch Quaint Ladies club. Finishing by Faye Rigsbee.


Buttons Black by The Scarlett House on 40 count Weeks Straw with miscellaneous overdyed flosses.  Finishing on a painted stand from Hobby Lobby. Piscillified with various trims, ribbons and floral picks.


Papier-mâché pumpkin covered in wool quillies that were glued on. So much fun to make!!!



Little wool applique candle mat by Primitive Gatherings stitched several years ago. 

Back door wreath with supplies from Hobby Lobby. 


Hope you enjoyed seeing them!!



Take Care,
Jennie




7 comments:

  1. Looks so fun! I have not cross stitched in a while, but you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Witch silhouette, the cat, quillie pumpkin, hooked pumpkin with little house and have an exact blue vintage scale like yours. It was my grandfather's and I adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I LOVE all your cross stitch. Your finishes are perfection.
    What a fun quillie pumpkin. Too bad I hate making them...lol!
    Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennie, wow! So much eye candy for us! My favorite (and I love them all) is the witch silhouette. I love the way you finished it so prim, and I love the variegation in the thread you chose. And on the tiny witch, I think your coffee-dyed trim is awesome.

    Thanks for sharing, and Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your post Jennie. In Australia not many celebrate Halloween. However, I have been lucky to have travelled to the States for two quilting tours and they were around Halloween. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So many Halloween projects. I really like the pumpkin with the curled wool quillies. I have never seen anything like that. Unusual. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've made so many decorations for Halloween! I love fall but Halloween not so much so only a few autumn decorations here. I love the autumn alphabet on the paddle. The paddle looks handmade, as in cut out with a hand saw! And I also love the pumpkin pillow. But then I think I lover everything you hook!

    ReplyDelete