Monday, July 27, 2020

Checking In

It has been a busy month, as well as a long, hot one. Harvesting veggies from the garden has to be done early or it is just too stinking hot. Yard work amounts to a heroic effort to just keep things alive. Rain has come, but at a minimum. At least it hasn’t been like last year yet, with no rain.

Being inside more has afforded me with the luxury of moving a few projects forward. Except for yesterday when we froze twenty two packages of corn. Thanks for baling us out, Laura. 

I just finished hooking Solomon’s Delight by Dyeanne (the talented Diane Gill) and I love it. Struggled a bit with the reds, but think that I finally got them right. 

Started in a class with Tricia Travis. Such a pretty pattern. 

Next up, I got the prep work done (whipping down eleven large circles) for Kathy Schmitz’s Snowdrift Tablerunner, which is a stitch along at her blog (https://kathyschmitzstudio.blogspot.com/2020/07/snowdrift-table-runner-lets-begin.html?m=1). There’s plenty of tine for you to join in.

In keeping with Jolly July on IG, this Blackbird Designs pattern, Merry Christmas, was pulled from the WIP pile. Around Christmas last year, as I was just relaunching my cross stitch career, I started this pretty sampler with a kit from Country Sampler, Spring Green.  I stitched the bones of the border and then tucked it away. The linen is by Weeks Dye Works prior to them using a Zweigart base for the linens. And while I love the color and the antique look, it is hard to stitch on in my opinion. But, loving the design and having a few more months of stitching under my belt, I was ready to give it another go. 

Getting close to a finish. It is far from perfect, but I am glad that I am going to finish it.

The Newnan Coweta magazine, an off shoot of our local newspaper is published bimonthly. 

This year the Coweta County Master Gardeners were invited to have an article in each issue. This month the article, written by MG Pat Farmer, focused on How to Attract Wildlife to Your Garden. MG’s had submitted random photos of their gardens earlier in the year for use in articles and our annual calendar. I was surprised and honored that one of my photos garnered a full page in this article!!


That’s all for now. Off to a flag football game for my grandson (how can the county allow flag football for 11-12 year olds with spectators, but you can’t go back to school...am I the only one confused here????).


Take care,
Jennie


4 comments:

  1. I wish I could find time to relaunch my cross stitching ventures. It has become so much more interesting in designs and so many people doing it. I enjoy watching some of the floss tubes. And I do have a few charts tucked away for some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always so productive!!! Beautiful rug finish, awesome cross stitch and I may have to check out that table runner project!
    What a fun photo of yours in the magazine.
    The school issue is absurd! There was a teacher at the retreat who teaches in a pretty rural area. She said they were not allowed to fail anyone while teaching online. She said she failed two students who did NOTHING. She is not sure whether the grades were changed to passing. Sad state of affairs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one cute pic of the squirrel! Very article worthy! Congrats!
    Your cross stitching, rug hooking and woolly stitches are awesome! In fact, you inspired to start the Kathy Schmitz one....I already went to her site and ordered the threads, beads and such! It's sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Solomon's Delight is beautiful. When you showed it before I think there was only the basket and the bottom was empty. I wondered what you could possibly use to fill that long, narrow section. Now I see, and it's perfect! The colors you used for the flowers are so beautiful together.

    Congrats on getting your delightful photograph into Coweta magazine. You must have been quick with your camera to catch that squirrel peeking out.

    ReplyDelete