Saturday, February 29, 2020

February Roundup

Didn’t do a lot of blogging this month, but I did accomplish quite a bit. I will take a few minutes to catch things up to date as another month will be rolling in shortly.

I completed two more UFOs this month, bringing my goal for 2020 down to 11 from the original 14. 
The first finish was God Bless America by Temecula Quilt Company. It was a 2019 start.

This was my February OMG.

Today I completed Liberty Periodical, a 2019 BOM by Sarah Edgar Pretty Fabrics and Trims in the UK.





I would have been done sooner, but after appliquing the final two blocks(above), I trimmed them too small and had to start all over. Ugghhhh. I plan to hand quilt this one. All of the appliqués are Liberty of London fabrics, and the background is a soft pink linen. Hoping to find a pretty Liberty for the backing.

Next up is Celebrating Mary Brown, my group SAL. I had hoped to complete two blocks for it this month, but after having to redo the other blocks, it just didn’t happen.
Here is the block...

And while I like it, it is nothing like Mary’s block, as you can see from the pattern below.

That would be because I put it together without referring to the instructions. What was my problem this month???

At any rate, I think that it will be just fine with the other blocks, and certainly not like anyone elses!!
Go visit the other girls and see what they are doing.


Karen – Log Cabin Quilter(Lead)

Cathy – Biglakequilter

Julie K –  Juliekquilts

Robin –   solsticestudio

Nanette – Doitrightquilter

Jan – Nanette will show her progress on her blog

I appliquéd thirty more hearts 

and have the final thirty ready to applique for this month.

Then this quilt will be ready to assemble.

Month five of Happy Hexies was completed

And month six is ready to be glue prepped.


I finished up week two of Square Deal, the Leaders and Enders project, giving me 96 blocks completed. 

Sounds like a lot, but there are twelve weeks of blocks with 48 each week. Don’t know how anyone finished in 12 weeks. I’ll be pushing it to finish this year. I have started on week three...


I didn’t touch the Mystery Designer 2018 blocks that I whipped up in January, so I decided that completing this top will be my OMG for March. 


And my PHD goal will be this project from the UFO list...,

The Kathy Schmitz Home sampler, which I need to complete and finish into a wall hanging.

This is a lot for one post, so I will hold off on the cross stitching and rug hooking until the next post....hopefully tomorrow.


Take Care,
Jennie







7 comments:

  1. Your Mary Brown block is oh so pretty. Love the fabric used for the center.

    Are the Liberty fabrics easy to applique with? They have a softer and thinner hand to them if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet no one notices that one pretty but different block. Unless.....you tell them. So true about those strange out-of-place hairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a bit of goodies here! I only recently found the Pretty Fabrics blog....and boy oh boy...your BOM top looks awesome!
    Love the square deal blocks too...I don't know how folks keep up with those Summer BOW's either! lol!
    Congrats on "customizing" your Mary Brown quilt! I'm a firm believer that personal touches are what really makes a quilt! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy hell, woman. Do you quilt, eat, quilt, sleep, quilt, eat...??? How do you get so much done? And we have not seen the hooking or cross stitching. I am in total awe of all the quilt projects and I just can't pick a favorite. Can you say envious?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your certainly got a lot accomplished this month! I love your Mary Brown block. I just prepped that one. I may need to go back and see how it would look if I did it the way you did yours. Very pretty Liberty appliqué. I get so nervous when I start trimming appliqué blocks, worried I will make a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything you are working on and your Liberty Periodical is especially wonderful with those sweet fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those Liberty fabrics are beautiful - your MB Is also very striking! Quilting life should start again sometime in April I hope - I not May - Life is not a bowl of cherries here in South Texas so far this year! But you are doing a great job in catching up! Hugs

    ReplyDelete