Thursday, September 26, 2019

Crafters ‘ Retreat

Last weekend was our annual Crafters’ Retreat in the North Georgia mountains. The weather was beautiful even though the leaves weren’t changing yet.


The Retreat is held here....

A crafters’ cabin complete with tables, comfy chairs, ott lites, and just about anything else a crafter could want.

Here’s the crew working on the wreath project Jill brought along for us...

Kristen

Theresa

Jill

Nancy

And yours truly.

I worked on a couple of projects that didn’t require much in the way of supplies to avoid carrying so much.

Happy Hexies BOM from Sarah Edgar Pretty Fabrics and Trims. This is month one and there are twelve blocks each month. They are fun, quick and easy in addition to being pretty.


And the start of a heart quilt. I have always wanted to make one, and when I saw this 3” heart template from Pretty Fabrics and Trims, decided that now was the time. It will be a nice portable project to work on at my own pace. I am using reds, blues and pinks from my stash. 

My OMG,  Ric Rac, is coming along and I should be able to get the hooking finished by the end of the month.


We celebrated Sara Ashley’s 18th birthday. 


Love some SEC Football....one of the many wonderful things about Fall.


Take Care,
Jennie 






4 comments:

  1. It is always enjoyable and relaxing to get away with like-minded friends. Your rug is closing in toward the finish line and looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun time!!!
    LOVE Ric Rac and you are getting so closed.
    Beautiful family picture. Hard to believe Sara Ashley is 18. I feel I've watched her grow up on your blog.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was such a fun weekend and I appreciate all the advice you gave me. My new scissors came yesterday and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty retreat location. Wish I had been there.

    ReplyDelete