Friday, August 30, 2019

Another Finish

This one a cross stitch finish, my first in many years.

This was a kit saved from my early days of stitching. 
Hospitality Sampler, by Words of Praise...


I see an occasional kit by them on eBay, but see no indication that they are still in business.

When I retired in 2011 I started it, but set it aside with only the alphabet completed. Recently it was calling my name, as I’ve had a renewed interest in cross stitch.
I am pleased with the results, though it isn’t perfect. The eyesight isn’t what it once was, and I am using both a magnifier and additional lighting. I have plans to stitch some additional pieces.

All 888 1/2 square triangles for God Bless America are stitched, pressed and trimmed.

Now onto construction.

Last night was NHS Spirit Night at the Redneck Gourmet. A fundraiser for the cheerleaders. Blake and I were happy to be able to support them.



Take Care,
Jennie 



2 comments:

  1. I don't have the patience for cross stitch but back in the day did other types of embroidery. The cartoon is SO TRUE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish! I will have to send you a pic of my Words of Praise sampler done many decades ago.
    Your granddaughter is the cutest cheerleader ever :)

    ReplyDelete