Sunday, September 2, 2018

It’s Been Awhile.....

Since I linked up to Slow Sunday Stitching over at Kathy’s. She wanted a pic of where we relaxed and sewed. Her place was outside, but I don’t do much outside stitching because the dogs really want to help.
My favorite place is in my comfy chair, propping my feet up on the ottoman that Mattie and I share.

You can see that I have my newest EPPing project in my lap. It is Salute to Levens Hall by Kim McLean. I am doing this one in pastels...a nice change from the dark, dramatic look of Glorious Gardens.

Speaking of Glorious Gardens, Mary Lou (our EPPing facilitator), Laura and I challenged ourselves to finish this top by September 1st. The good news is that we all made it. To say we were happy is an understatement. Here are our quilts....

Mary Lou’s

Laura’s

And mine.
Aren’t they beautiful??? 

And this is Gretchen’s amazing Glorious Hexagons, which is a work in progress....


I also finished another block on the Linda Brannock Flowers quilt.

I appliqued my baskets instead of piecing. They are a bit wonky, but the pieced ones in the pattern were, too. I am still a block behind, mostly because I am obsessed with these EPPing projects.

Was excited to receive this lovely package in the mail last week....

Beautiful Liberty of London lawns to add to my stash.

We had the last of the okra from our garden this week.

We worked on preparing our beds for cool weather vegetables a couple of days when it wasn’t too hot.

Jackson’s flag football team won the championship in their league..,

Now it’s time for fall baseball. That boy always has a ball of some kind in his hand.

Sara Ashley and her mom travelled to Athens for the first UGA game of the season.

They were looking good and so were the Dawgs!!


Take Care,
Jennie 







10 comments:

  1. Looks very comfy! Those glorious garden EPP quilts are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing EPP quilts...and love your Flowers basket block! I should have appliqued mine too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious Gardens is just ... glorious! You are such a talented quilter!
    Just love your wonky baskets, too.
    Congrats to Jackson's team and Sara Ashley and Christi look like models. Simply beautiful.
    Happy Labor Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Some really pretty hexagon flowers in all the quilts. I plan a hexagon quilt in my future. I have supplies just not the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to see your stitching place! And your quilts are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such wonderful projects! I used to live in Laweranceville Ga years ago. I was growing so fast I probably wouldn't recognize the area anymore. Have fun stitching on that comfy chair, sounds like a great place to stitch

    ReplyDelete
  7. What amazing finishes! You all should be very proud of yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of fun things going on in this post! Not the least of which are those Glorious Garden quilts -- oh MY! Just beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete

  9. Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any methods to stop hackers?
    slot online

    ReplyDelete