Saturday, September 3, 2016

A Theme Going on Here?

It was not intentional, but as I started to gather the pics for this post, I noticed there seemed to be a theme going on here.

The Magic of Christmas (Primitive Gatherings) Block 2, City Version.

Country version

First two blocks together.
I am definitely liking them.

Block 1 of Lori Holt's (Bee in My Bonnet) Cozy Christmas SAL. Her colors are so darned cute that I just couldn't resist this one. Block 3 is already out, with another coming Monday, so I have to do some catching up here.

And this UFO Punchneedle was on my list of 10 items that I want to work on.
Started it years ago and only had the beard done. I like to punch, but do it rarely. The different movement gives my aching hand and wrist a break. Note to self....no more days on end of marathon cutting.

So, might I say, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...LOL!!

Celebrated Rob's 3 year "Cancerversary". Maybe an odd celebration, but three years with GBM Grade 4 and a clear scan (yay clinical trial drug) says celebration to this grateful family.
On Monday we will celebrate his 45th birthday here.  This horrible disease has given our family many gifts...increased faith, compassion, gratefulness and a closeness of our blended families that we had never imagined possible.  Thank you God.

Miss Roxie, our seventeen year old schnauzer, gave us quite the scare this week. She has the expected stiffness in her back and hind legs, but this week she practically became unable to stand or get up from a sitting position. Needless to say, we were distraught. A trip to the vet and some new meds has made a difference in the past 24 hours, so we are hopeful that in a few days she will once again be a feisty senior!

Another good one from Bonnie Hunter...
And I love the quilt!

Happy Labor Day weekend!!

Take Care,
Jennie


3 comments:

  1. Most definitely that is a good anniversary to celebrate and sure the entire family feel blessed. Since needle punch is more portable than rug hooking you'd think I would be doing more of that myself. I even have the gripper needlepunch frame. So what's my excuse?

    Glad Roxie is feeling better. We hurt when our fur-babies hurt.
    Happy Labor Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am going to like the needle punched Santa. He looks good already. You do seem to be in a Christmas mood with what you are making. Starting early enough that you can get them done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Labor Day to you!
    I definitely am partial to the country version. Your quilting talent is amazing.
    Yeah for Rob and a very happy birthday to him!
    Poor Roxie. Glad the new meds are helping.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete