Sunday, September 27, 2015

Slow Stitching with Jen

Juliann recently started a Jen Kingwell SAL....I mentioned it in an earlier post...and I thought it was a great day to get a Slow Stitching start ( click on the Slow Stitching Sunday button to see what others are doing).

The pattern I chose is from this book....
The quilt I chose is a bit more restrained than some of Jen's quilts. It is an adaptation of an antique quilt that she had admired.

She calls it Simply Red Center.

I am determined to enjoy the process on this quilt. It offers hand appliqué as well as some machine piecing...no hand piecing as in most of her quilts.  It has been longer than I can remember since I have done any needle turn appliqué, but I am giving it a go.  It won't be perfect, but I plan to try to relax and enjoy the process.

This is the beginning of the center block.
I probably shouldn't have started in the center, but it is too late now to worry about it.

The kids enjoyed singing I'll Fly Away along with Willie Nelson last night at Chastain despite the rain.

Take Care,
Jennie

4 comments:

  1. Such a fun project... I know you will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The center is the perfect way to start! Lovely stitching...enjoy the process! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to be a stunning quilt!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is my favorite from that book too I think. Have fun! xo jan

    ReplyDelete