Monday, August 31, 2015

Good Bye August


It is hard to believe that summer has pretty much come and gone. I have to admit, the promise of Fall is lovely. The leaves are starting to fall, the shadows are getting longer, there is a sweet breeze  and the days are shorter and cooler.

I have gotten two more UFO finishes in to complete the month.  
This Thangles sampler from about six years ago.
And the Dresden Pkate that I started in January when the RSC color was blue.

This is what I have accomplished this month....
*Brickroad mini quilt 
*65 mini Bow Tie blocks (my Leaders and Enders project) for a grand total of 178.
*3 Wonky Star blocks
*6 Postage Stamp Star blocks
*2 Lucy Boston blocks - fell behind on my goal of one per week 
*Giant 4-Patch QOV
*Hooked Spring Basket rug-lack finishing edges
*18 Dog beds
*5 Farm Girl Vintage blocks
*7 RSC Sampler blocks 
*Buttermilk Basin Small August Matt
*Donder and Blitzen wall hanging (UFO)
*Dresden Plate quilt (UFO)
*Thangles Sampler quilt (UFO)
*block
*1 Vintage Block

When I put it all down, it looks pretty significant, whereas, if I just think about it, I feel as if I didn't do much.

This month I would like to....
*Stitch closed the 45 dog beds we stuffed at See Crazies
*Stitch RSC Sampler blocks, Wonky Star and Postage Stamp Stars for September (the color is orange 
*Start the setting blocks for the RSC Sampler
*Knit something 
*Bind 2014 Country Threads BOM
*Make Vintage top
*Finish floral hooked runner
*Finish Spring Basket rug
*Make more Farm Girl Vintage blocks
*Start Jen Kingwell SAL....click on the button on the sidebar if you think you might like to join in.....no stress, no deadlines.

I know that this is an ambitious list and it is not written in stone. But it gives me some goals and a starting point. 

Hope you guys are ready for September, too!

Our dear Buddy was found with a deformed leg that had been broken and never set, chained at an abandoned house.  This has always been my philosophy....even more so now.

Take Care,
Jennie

1 comment:

  1. It does look like you accomplished a lot in one month. I so dislike seeing August over with even though we will still have summer weather here in Florida for a good while.
    I like the colors you used in the Thangles sampler quilt.

    ReplyDelete