Friday, May 8, 2015

Sew Crazy Day

Today was Sew Crazy Day at my house. I always look forward to our stitching days. 
And our potluck lunch wasn't shabby, either.

We didn't have an agenda for the day, so everyone just did their own things.  With Luella's help pressing, I finished up all but 9 of these QOV  blocks that Sandra and I started last time. Tonight I finished the remaining blocks and got them all trimmed and ready to go into a top.

I really like the way they turned out....a bit of a different take on string blocks.  They are 10 1/2" unfinished.

The oh so talented and generous Debi made these adorable tissue holders for each of us from her precious Pam Kitty Morning stash!
How cute is that??? I can hardly wait to have the sniffles so that I can pull it out under everyone 's admiring and envious, no doubt, watch.

A few weeks ago we finished up 57 dog beds to donate to Tenderheart Rescue.
And since then, Sandy has finished off several more with the supplies that have been so generously donated to us.

This is one of the sweet recipients resting comfortably after being spayed.

And here is my friend, Pam (and hubby) who is currently undergoing treatment for brain cancer, with the comfort quilt we gave her.

Finally, this.....
So very true.

Take Care,
Jennie 


1 comment:

  1. How often do you get together to sew with your friends? I think it must be very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete