Monday, May 6, 2013

May Intentions

I am afraid that my May To Do list looks dismally like my April list.  Not to say that I didn't finish anything...........just not much.  And I did work on some things and get them close to finishes.  But my BOM list.......sad.  So, I have much catching up to do this month and very good intentions.  Of course, there is the yard and the garden......it is Spring.  We shall see.



All of the blocks are done for the K. Schmitz blackwork calendar wallhanging and I really hope to get it finished this month.  I will start binding the Checkerboard hooked rug tomorrow night at our monthly hooking night.  Albany Sampler got the last loops pulled up today, so I should get it finished this month also.  I haven't touched the woven scarf and I really don't lack much on it......maybe I will weave it off this month.  Patiently Waiting has all of the wool appliqué finished and is awaiting it's backing; that should prove easy enough.  The knit shawl is something I started last month and I am making progress on it....it is easy to pick up and work on while I am watching TV.

In the BOM category I am only up to date on My Family Redwork...... I have to do some piecing on them before this month's meeting.  I haven't touched any of the other BOMs and am not quite sure when I will I regret to say.  My intentions were much better than this.

I did have a couple more finishes for April.  The first one is this cute prim pincushion from Lori Brechlin.  The back is wool embroidery, the front cross stitch.  I stuffed it with lavender and crushed walnut shells and it is too cute.



The other one, also a pincushion, though I made it into a door hanger, is Bluebird Pincushion by Primitive Gatherings.  As I have mentioned before, I am a great fan of birds and bluebirds in particular.


So, there we go.  Time to get motivated again!!

GRATITUDES:
Wild birds, especially bluebirds.
Grace.
However many more days I may be blessed with.

Take care,
Jennie

2 comments:

  1. .I have a small collection of pin cushions that I have made. I like the ones you have made. I just recently put my basket of cushions away as I have so many things sitting out. And trying to decide if I should make more pin cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love pincushions.......I have made a few and have a collection of vintage ones, too. Lovely little dust catchers :-))

    ReplyDelete