Thursday, February 28, 2013

Spring Fever

I am so ready for Spring. As much as we need rain, I have grown weary of it. Here in the South the hyacinths, daffodils and forsythia are blooming....teasing us with a tiny taste of Spring......although the high temps will only be in the 40s this week.  It could be worse.  I don't know how you guys who have all of the snow can stand it.  God knew I needed to be a Southern girl.

What better time to warp the loom with some twill towels that say Spring, Easter eggs and bunnies. The pink towel is done and I started the blue one today. It reminds me of a little girl's dress.....sweetness.




This week I also finished the first rigid heddle scarf that I wove.  The selvedges are a bit sad, and the wool Noro sock yarn in the fringe felted when it was washed, but I still like it.  Sorry for the quality of the photo :-((


Finally, I pieced the backing of Blake's Civil War Pinwheel quilt and got it to the longarmer today.  What a nice feeling to have that done.  And in March, it will be a finish!!

GRATITUDES:
The soothing rhythm of throwing the shuttle.
The first bluebird spotted at the bluebird house.
A trip to Tractor Supply.

Take care,
Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment