Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sally Post

Another project started????  Well, yes, but honest........I can explain.

The Sally Post Sampler Quilt (click on the link to read about this circa 1854 quilt) has been on my "To Do" last for awhile........ever since Gay offered it as a free pattern on her site several years ago.  At that time I printed off the patterns and carefully stored them away.  End of story.  Until this year; Gay has now offered the patterns once again as freebies.  And by way of motivation, my Yahoo Prim Folk Art group has decided to do them as their group BOM this year.  Perfect, I am in.  If we complete three blocks a month, the blocks will be done by the end of the year.


 In my defense (not that any defense is really needed, but somehow I have a little tug of guilt at starting a new project with all of the others that are underway), all of my fabric except the background and maybe the sashing will come from stash and scraps.  I am digging deep into the scrap bin and will try to stay pretty much true to the colors of the original quilt.


I am loving the background......... just couldn't resist it when I saw it at the quilt shop.  The blocks are set on point, and I think that it will add interest to the simplicity of the appliqué.  I have chosen to fuse and machine stitch with matching threads using a tiny zig zag stitch, knowing that it is more likely to get finished this way.

GRATITUDES:
Sourdough buns, warm from the oven.
When a fabric works out as perfectly as you hoped.
When the Bible verse you are studying is dead on to your question or situation (God works like that, you know!).

Take care,
Jennie

2 comments:

  1. I never downloaded that one but I did download her Cherry Tree quilt patterns but have never done anything about it. I have a Jan Patek quilt kit and Lynda's Bundling Board kit to start so plenty to keep me busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Cherry Tree, too, but didn't think I would ever get it done. I have plenty to keep me busy, too, but I was a sucker for this one :-))

      Delete