Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm Back!!!

If anyone reads my blog, you must feel as if I have fallen off the face of the earth!!!! As you all know, there are just times when life gets in the way, and this has been one of them.

First of all, I am posting a new photo of our sweet little Jackson, who is now ten weeks old and quite the handsome young man. I just can't resist that sweet twinkle in his eye.


It has been a busy summer.........work, birthdays, ballgames, family get togethers, rug camp, working in the yard..........and I have even made some progress on some projects.




Paige's Posies, a lovely little pattern by my friend Kathie Meyers, is hooked, framed and hung on my powder room wall. This is the first hooking I have had framed and I must say that I am quite pleased with the professional job by Travis at Around the Corner Framing. I love the antique feel of the frame!!!



.
I am also up to date on the Bunnyhill BOMs, finally. I still have to add a few trims and buttons, but the stitching is done. These have been so much fun and Anne was so sweet to share them with us.


Lisa's Geometric, a primitive rug hooking pattern, finally got bound and put on the floor. Seems as if I put it off forever. Don't know why, as I really like it. And the best part is that it was all done from my worm bag (meaning leftover strips of wool from previous projects to those of you who are nonhookers).

The last thing for tonight is my favorite..........Buttons and Birds pillow. It is wool applique on Prairie Cloth and it was such fun to do. It is from Blackbird Designs Book, When the Cold Wind Blows. Barb and Alma have a lovely blog now..........you must go visit!!!

Have my rughooking class in Athens tomorrow with the wonderful Eric Sandberg. I am so lucky. Anyway, I'd better hit the hay for now!

3 comments:

  1. Your blocks and pillows and rugs are just beautiful.. I am thinking that a rug sampler of the bunnyhill blocks would be very chic as well.. do you think?? found your blog through Primfolk. It is gorgeous work you do

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of Jackson is so cute! :) I was so glad to run into you all the other day and be able to see Jackson in person! And Tommy and I could not believe how Sara Ashley has grown, she is so beautiful!! I know you are so proud of all of them! I am still having Internet problems, but I hope to be back online with my blog soon as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did better with your bunnyhill BOM than I have Jennie :)) I've barely sewn two of the baskets... and they are still empty :)) One day I'll get back. Yours are so gorgeous. I also love your hooked rug and pillow.... Elly
    ps you have a very pretty blog

    ReplyDelete