Sunday, February 1, 2015

Singing the Scrappy Blues

Today is the final day of the RSC2015 Blue month. I have learned a lot, found a sense of direction and enjoyed seeing everyone else's work as I link up with So Scrappy on Saturdays.  I missed last week's post as I was at Retreat.

I finished up the month with these Postage Stamp Sawtooth Stars....
I think they are my favorites. Honestly, when I have been cutting up all of those 1 1/2" squares using Bonnie Hunter!s scrap system I couldn't imagine really using them. Well, guess what.....they are perfect, and I had plenty already cut and ready to use.

I also made a Disappearing 4 Patch mini quilt using repro blue scraps. Kathleen Tracy over at Sentimental Quilter challenged her followers to do something using these little 4" finished blocks.
It would have been quilted if my machine were cooperating. Back to the shop she will go......grrrrrr.
Finished using the last of one of my favorite fabrics on the border......it is a reproduction of an antique coverlet.  I have been wanting to use some cheddar. Seeing it in the photo, it looks a bit bold. Maybe I can use a binding with a tiny bit of cheddar.......

So, in addition to the two items above, I was able to finish a Wonky Star block, two RSC2015 sampler blocks and all of the Twenty blue Dresden plates. I am in the process of machine blanket stitching them onto the blocks, so I will carry this over to next month.  I am pretty pleased with my Blue results!  Now, on to Pink for February.

January was pretty productive for me. Along with the Blues, here is what I did:
* Bound Churn Dash Lap Quilt
* Bound Meadow Cosmos King Sized Quilt
* Completed Thangles Lap Sized Top/made backing and binding
* Completed 2015 Country Threads Sampler Top/made Backing and binding
* Completed 3 Lucy Boston blocks and added outside border to another
* Worked on Oberly Tree Rug
* Made Cosmetic Bag
* Knit class Pebble Stitch square
* Made January Burgoyne Surrounded BOM
* Made Jan Patek Donder and Vixen Wallhanging top.

Sometimes I feel as if I get nothing done aside from running from place to place. Perhaps summarizing at the end of the month will make me feel a bit better......and keep me on track throughout the year.

Thank goodness.......

Take Care,
Jennie



6 comments:

  1. The scrappy sawtooth stars are pretty and the disappearing 4-patch quilt is cute! Kathleen Tracy is another of my favorites! I enjoy her style of writing and (of course) her quilts too! :-) Congrats on accomplishing all that you did during January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a productive month. Good for you.
    Hugs from snow-stormy Ohio :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are a busy little beaver. You sure got a lot accomplished for one month. I love the saying you posted at the end of this blog . And inLoVe the header pic on your blood. A black and white silhouette ! It's gorgeous!
    Have a great week..hugs Marg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grrrrrr! It's at it again! Does anyone else have this problem? Or do I just type it in too fast? My words do not appear as I want them too! Ok, let's try this again...I LoVe the header picture of Black and white silhouette , and I love the post at the end of your blog. Ok, now that's what I tried to say before....hugs Marg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sawtooth blocks look good--are you making all the centers postage stamp? I am amazed with all you got done in January. Busy gal!

    ReplyDelete