I finished up the month with these Postage Stamp Sawtooth Stars....
I think they are my favorites. Honestly, when I have been cutting up all of those 1 1/2" squares using Bonnie Hunter!s scrap system I couldn't imagine really using them. Well, guess what.....they are perfect, and I had plenty already cut and ready to use.
I also made a Disappearing 4 Patch mini quilt using repro blue scraps. Kathleen Tracy over at Sentimental Quilter challenged her followers to do something using these little 4" finished blocks.
It would have been quilted if my machine were cooperating. Back to the shop she will go......grrrrrr.
Finished using the last of one of my favorite fabrics on the border......it is a reproduction of an antique coverlet. I have been wanting to use some cheddar. Seeing it in the photo, it looks a bit bold. Maybe I can use a binding with a tiny bit of cheddar.......
So, in addition to the two items above, I was able to finish a Wonky Star block, two RSC2015 sampler blocks and all of the Twenty blue Dresden plates. I am in the process of machine blanket stitching them onto the blocks, so I will carry this over to next month. I am pretty pleased with my Blue results! Now, on to Pink for February.
January was pretty productive for me. Along with the Blues, here is what I did:
* Bound Churn Dash Lap Quilt
* Bound Meadow Cosmos King Sized Quilt
* Completed Thangles Lap Sized Top/made backing and binding
* Completed 2015 Country Threads Sampler Top/made Backing and binding
* Completed 3 Lucy Boston blocks and added outside border to another
* Worked on Oberly Tree Rug
* Made Cosmetic Bag
* Knit class Pebble Stitch square
* Made January Burgoyne Surrounded BOM
* Made Jan Patek Donder and Vixen Wallhanging top.
Sometimes I feel as if I get nothing done aside from running from place to place. Perhaps summarizing at the end of the month will make me feel a bit better......and keep me on track throughout the year.