Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Beautiful Day!


Today was the loveliest of days....quite springlike....leaving me hungering for the warmer days that will be coming soon.  Days when I can garden without the smothering humidity of Southern summers. Oh, how I love Spring and Fall.  I have also spent a little extra time with the Chicks, doing a some maintenance in their abode. And, so, I couldn't resist sharing a few photos....

I am linking up at Kathy's for Slow Stitching Sunday (click on button in sidebar) with a little knitting.  This is a seed stitch cowl, made from a pattern that is a knock off of a cowl sold at Gap.

Several times over the past few years I have proclaimed that "this is the year I will become a proficient knitter".  I knit just well enough to get myself in trouble....and then sweet friend Diane has to rescue me. I don't like not being able to figure it out myself.  So, when I saw this class offered at the local yarn shop, I figured it might be the answer......Fearless Knitting.  I have completed my first lesson, done my homework, and the cowl is the skill building project. So far, so good.

Muriel, at Little Quilts, is in charge of the Lucy Boston group there. In response to the waste from all of those mutilated pieces of fabric that are the result of fussy cutting, she started making these tiny, adorable 2" finished bow tie blocks.  Remember when I said that I couldn't believe I was using 1 1/2" blocks?  Well, these babies use 1" and 1 1/2" blocks. This is the link for the tutorial just in case you are interested.
http://littlequilts.blogspot.com/2014/10/patchwork-of-crosses.html?m=1
Once you start making them, they are irresistible. And, they make great Leaders and Enders. Waste not, want not, right??

Last night I stayed with Robert and Sara Ashley (can't call it babysitting any longer) while their parents went to an awards dinner and stayed overnight. Estes Landscape won an award for being one of the top 100 businesses owned by University of Georgia grads......and the only one from the College of Environmental Design.  So thrilled for them.

Robert and SA before church this morning.


It has been a lovely weekend.
Take Care,
Jennie

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the chicks pics :)
    Great bowtie and attitude on your grandson.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had a desire to have live chickens. You have such a variety and very good looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to anyone that can knit! :) I tried for a wee bit and was all thumbs at it Your cowl looks lovely and those little quilt blocks are so dainty and pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you with all your projects AND spending time with the grandchildren. Your chickens are very colorful. Good luck with the fearless knitting. That's an area in my own life where help is needed too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the name of the knitting book :)

    ReplyDelete