Monday, February 9, 2015

Off the Frame

Oberly Tree is off the frame and ready for blocking and finishing.
I haven't quite decided how I will finish it. That is always a dilemma for me. I really don't enjoy this part of rug making....but it has to be done. 

Our dear old Poppy, who will be fifteen in April, has gone blind. At first we thought she was having dementia issues, but over the past couple of weeks it has become entirely evident that her sight is gone. 
She is good other than this. I don't know who it is harder on...her or us. Breaks my heart. Little Daisy has taken to being her companion, snuggling up next to her as she sleeps. We are hoping that she will adjust and that we can keep her safe in her familiar environment.

Tomorrow is Rob's bimonthly MRI and all prayers for a clear scan will be greatly appreciated. Although he is doing well, we know the reality of his Goliath, and suffer from scanxiety.

I forgot to post the most recent quarterly 
get together of the old ER staff. Kitty's husband, Kelly, was able to join us. He is about six months out from his brain cancer diagnosis and will also be having his MRI tomorrow. I know they would also appreciate prayers.

Remember...

Take Care,
Jennie

3 comments:

  1. First and foremost, prayers for Rob and Kelly.
    I do love your Oberly Tree finish! Yes, "finishing" is the pits.
    Dear Poppy...how those grey faces melt my heart. I think the dogs adjust much better to their blindness than we do. Our 9 year old pug is going blind, too. Breaks my heart :(
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for all concerned. Strong wording at the end of your post. Now we must believe and leave the rest in His hands .
    Praying all goes well. Hugs Marg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wonky star! I think your points are just fine!

    ReplyDelete