Sunday, January 18, 2015

Slow Stitching Lucies

It looks like the Lucy Boston blocks are going to be my go to for Slow Stitching Sunday(click the link and see what everyone else is doing).

I finished this one up....#11....

And am working on #12.....

I have been studying my Lucy book and perusing blocks online recently. What I realized is that most of my blocks read as darks....no lights and only one that  I consider to be a medium. The other thing is that I am doing blocks that are the 4-4-8-8 configuration almost exclusively. Block #11 is an exception as it is 4-8-12.  My goal will be to attain more variety in the blocks. I have one that is already cut that will either be light or medium when pieced, but the other one that is cut is another darker one. I will be working on this so that I can get the balance I want before I get too far along as well as some variety in configuration.

My firstborn celebrated her 44th birthday today. I really don't know where the time has gone. I do know that this daughter is an incredible blessing...actually, both of them are. Love you dearly, Miss Lady!
Celebrating last night with her sister and brother in law.

And here, today.

Words of Wisdom....

Take care,
Jennie
Slow Stitching Sunday

2 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday to your beautiful daughter.
    You sure are talking quilting "Greek" to me...lol!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Lucy blocks are awesome! I love how the patterned fabrics create such movement within each block.
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete